​*calls mom when I lose her in the grocery store*

10 Reasons Why Technology Is Beautiful

*Calls mom when I lose her in the grocery store*

140
Anushree Rayarikar

Everywhere we turn, technology is literally right there at the tips of our fingers. It can be annoying at times, but it's amazing that we have something so simple and small right at our fingertips to help us with whatever is on our mind. Need help defining a word? Look up it. Need help with workouts? Download apps, look at blogs on Instagram or searching the web.

The possibilities are endless with technology especially with smartwatches, televisions and so much.

Heart rate detector on watches

I know on the Apple Watch it tracks your resting heart rate, active heart, etc. And in many instances, it has actually saved peoples lives. The watch will ping you if your resting heart is too high. In one case, it saved a 61-year-old's life.

David Gilley was sitting at home and his watched pinged him saying his heart rate was high while resting. Gilley has struggled with heart issues and was diagnosed with an abnormal heart condition. By the time he arrived at the hospital his heart was failing.

But, he did walk out of the hospital alive. If it wasn't for that small touch screen on his wrist, it could have been a lot worse.

For more stories, just search, "Apple heart rate app saves life."

User Interface Animation GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Discover and share this animated GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

Blogs

So many blogs out there to help you with fitness, beauty, fashion, you know it. They are so helpful and are a great way to log moments and to help people who need it. And it's great way to engage with other people and create a following base.

Easier to contact people

When I lose my mom in the store, I can just give her a quick ring and be like, "Where are you, woman?"

But all jokes aside, it's easier to contact friends and family and stay in contact with them. You no longer have to send letters and wait weeks for a reply. I love being able to text my friends whenever during the day or night or bother my mom about something stupid while away at school.

Online shopping/ordering

There's nothing better than not having to leave the comfort of your home and deal with people than online shopping. Everything is just easier with a few simple clicks of a button. The only downside is not knowing how it will fit and having to send it back if it doesn't fit.

Also, ordering food online? LOVE that. Don't have to have an awkward conversation over the phone while trying to order your food.

Fitness apps

Don't know where to start or how to do start things for working out? There are so many apps out there that show you how to do lifts, stretches, abs, etc. You can also use fitness apps to plan your workouts tailored to what you know you can handle. They are a great and easy way to keep a fitness log.

Also, if you have a fancy watch it can track the calories you burn and how long you've been exercising. They can also track your runs and the distance. Truly a blessing in disguise.

Maps

If it wasn't for Google Maps, I would not know where I was going in areas or places I do not know. And, the only time I've ever looked at a paper map was on a road trip with my family. Even then, I had no clue what anything was on the map

Camera

No longer do we have to use disposable cameras and get film developed, cameras are right in our pocket and just simple click of a button. And we can share them across different social media platforms, like yes.

Memes

I don't even need to explain this one. Memes are just oh-so beautiful.

Music

All the music in the world is at the tip of our fingers and we can access it whenever we want. And we can make playlists for different moods, like yes I am here for it.

Technology can be addicting and bad at times, but, my gosh, do I love having the world at the tips of my fingers because it's helpful in so many ways.