The B Team: 6 People And Groups That Would Be On Bernie Sanders' Basketball Team

One of Sanders' major issues is climate change and with NASA by his side, who would even try to beat the B team?

20
Mother Jones

I don't know much about basketball, but if Bernie Sanders had his own team with the NBA then he would obviously need players that put their all into helping him win. From broke college students to people of color, Sanders has attracted a lot of attention from a widespread and diverse population of supporters. His grassroots campaign for the presidency has gained a tremendous amount of speed from the American people, as his political platform appeals to the people themselves. There are some people, though, that have become well-known supporters of Sanders or become affiliated with him and should definitely be on Sanders' basketball team.

1. Elizabeth Warren

Part of the U.S. Senate now, Elizabeth Warren used to be a professor at Harvard and is truly one of fiercest people you'll ever meet. She works for the people first and is firm in her actions in government. Warren also uses her political influence in the right ways in order to speak out against some of the things that other politicians have stated. Don't mess with her moves!

2. The Founders of the Black Lives Matter movement

We have all heard of the Black Lives Matter movement in some form or another, but a lot of us wouldn't recognize the people who started it all. Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza, and Opal Tometi are all trying to bring awareness to the issue of the still present inequality of black Americans. Sanders has indeed based his ideas on this issue and has worked with Black Lives Matter to gain more support.

3. Martin Luther King Jr.

In relation to Black Lives Matter, Martin Luther King Jr. has had a great impact on Sanders' ideology about the treatment of people of color. Sanders even marched during one of King's peaceful protests. He is definitely a crucial component of Sanders' team.

4. Pope Francis

A very progressive and positive religious leader, Pope Francis has advocated for the breaking up of big corporations, the inclusion of LGBTQA+ people into the church, and the reversal of climate change. This has had a strong impact on people around the world and Sanders has used the Pope's statements to strengthen his campaign, especially with the issue of climate change. Who knew the Pope could be so cool?

5. NASA

Well, if we're talking about climate change, we might as well include NASA on Sanders' team (even if Nasa isn't really a person). It's obvious that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration would be advocating for the current threat of climate change and gathering data about it since, after all, they docare about the affairs of planets - including ours. One of Sanders' major issues is climate change and with NASA by his side, who would want to even try to beat the B team?

6. Tulsi Gabbard

Recently, Tulsi Gabbard gave up her position as Vice Chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in order to endorse Sanders since she was not able to when she was Vice Chair. It just makes sense to put her on Sanders' basketball team because she literally gave up an important position so that she could help a candidate win. If someone on the DNC has done this, then that sends a strong message to Americans about Sanders.