should i become a teacher
High School

I Don't Want To Become A Teacher For The Money, I Want To Do It For The Kids

If you love your job, you will never work a day in your life.

204
man teaching classroom

The first thing that I normally hear when I tell people that I am going to be a teacher is "well I hope you love your job," or I will hear, "You better get yourself a rich husband." Education majors get that stigma that our major isn't hard or that we just wanted an easy major, but it isn't that at all.

Teaching children is so rewarding because you learn with them. You can also watch those kids grow into better people with a wider span of knowledge. Those children are going to remember who those teachers were that believed in them and turned them into a better person.

Children are absolutely hilarious and will keep you laughing all school year long. I can imagine going home after work and telling everybody about some funny thing that happened in my classroom that day. I am also sure that some people won't understand why I talk so much about the children in my class, but they should know that they are practically my own for 8 hours a day. They are sometimes awake for more hours with me than they are with their own parents.

You can be a role model to those children who have no role model around them. You can show the children that there is always going to be some type of good in the world. There is so much talk by parents and the news about all of these bad things in the world, but you can be their shining light in the world. You can always be there for a child who needs somebody to talk to or to let you know about something that is going on at home. They instill their trust in you.

Children are just a joy to be around, you can almost never be in a bad mood around them because they just light up your world when they come in and hug you or tell you about something fun they did over the weekend. Children are so real too, they will tell you if your hair looks bad or if your shirt is ugly.

I think hearing all of the negative comments about becoming a teacher really makes me want to become a teacher even more because I can change those stereotypes and be the person that other kids look up to and decide to be a teacher because of.