6 Taylor Swift Songs For My 6 Basic Emotions
Music

Whether you're in the mood to dance, or in the mood to cry and feel vulnerable, she has a song for you.

146

One of the reasons why I love Taylor Swift so much is because her music is so relatable, and can fit literally any mood you are in. Whether you're in the mood to dance, or in the mood to cry and feel vulnerable, she has a song for you. This is one of the hardest lists I have ever made because her songs are so beautiful and lively in such different ways, so I stuck to my gut reaction when making this list. Here are my six Taylor Swift songs for my six basic emotions, and you should all try listening to them, too, regardless of your mood.

1. Sadness: "The Last Time"

Hardly anyone but hardcore Swifties know this song, but it is honestly one of my favorites out of her whole collection. It is vulnerable and presents the story of two individuals in a relationship who continually go back to one another, only to hurt each other again. This song is almost a plea to the other individual to not break their heart again or to let them go. I feel like everyone has had a relationship where they knew it wasn't the right fit, but they kept trying to make it work, and that is exactly what this song represents for me: beautiful ignorance. This song, when I'm sad, allows me to reflect on my past choices, and give myself room to breathe for the future.

2. Happiness: "Me!"

In her first single off of her upcoming 7th album, Taylor took the world by storm by doing a complete 180 from her Reputation vibe. Me! has one of those feel-good beats that make you want to get up, dance, and express yourself and your individuality to the fullest. It literally celebrates the importance of embracing your true colors! I can tell this new era of Taylor's is really going to be for me, because that's where I am at this moment in my life: celebrating Me!

3. Anger: "I Knew You Were Trouble"

This edgy hit of Taylor's always makes me feel like a powerhouse. This is the first music video that really showed off Taylor's rebellious nature, and the entire song is about telling off someone that you knew from the start you should not have been with. She's not only angry at her ex throughout this song, but this was her first song and music video that really showed off that side of her, further helping herself define herself as an artist.

4. Disgust: "Look What You Made Me Do"

This was a no-brainer for me. "Look What You Made Me Do" started out the Reputation era, and it was a completely new sound for Taylor. I Knew You Were Trouble might have been tough, but this song was really tough. This song completely disses the media and the way they portray Taylor to fit their tabloids, and it showed the world that she was here, being herself, and nothing was going to stand in her way… not even K**** W***.

5. Fear: "Wildest Dreams"

This song is so soft and beautiful. Taylor is worried that once the relationship is over, she will be a lost memory, and she does not want that. She wants to paint a picture for her lover of the good times they have had, leaving him with a good image of her no matter what happens between them. The song is a plea to keep her in his mind, which shows her vulnerability and emotion in being afraid of the future.

6. Surprise: "Speak Now"

While the album is given great praise, the single has been put on the backburner, but it shows just how great of a storyteller Taylor really is. She describes the story of a wedding, ultimately ending with her standing up and objecting to the marriage, stunning everyone, which shows just how strong and brave Taylor really is. It's a scary thing to go after what you want, especially given Taylor and her love's circumstances, but she does it anyway, which is fearless.