How Does It Exactly Feel To Be Taken For Granted?

They were your hero, you were their tool.

58

When you first meet people, you were shy to approach them. You would await some to initiate the conversation. You might initiate it every once in a while.

And suddenly one day, you met someone who clicked with you instantly. Everything started off great and you guys would hang out all the time.

As time passed by, you thought you had found your support system. You found someone you could rely on, you thought they would feel the same way too.

You thought everything would go smoothly from now on, you thought you guys would be there for each other. You would always be there whenever they need you because you were just one call or one text away and that is why you thought they would do the same for you when you needed them.

Then one day, you realized that you were wrong.

In return, all you got was hurt and depressed for being too kind. For letting someone into your world, you believe they will treat you just like how you were there for them. If only that was how the world works: no betrayal, no backstabbing, no taking people for granted.

However, as each passing day goes by, you start to realize that that person is moving on from you. They used you as a pit-stop. They used you, they got what they wanted, As that person starts to shun away from you, slowly and then all at once. You see their silhouette shrinking in size and then just disappearing from your life.

"What did you do wrong?" you start thinking. Was it something that you did to make that person leave? Should you change for the better? All these thoughts start filling in your mind as they consume you. You try to change, you try to hold on to them. You try to cling on what's left to this small and thin string that is connecting you guys.

You try to no avail.

That is why you start to hide away from the rest of the world because of the fear and hurt that was embedded in your mind. You never open up to people anymore because you believe that they will all leave eventually. You believe that no one will always be there for you.

Some people might believe that shunning away from everyone else just because one person has hurt you in the past is quite selfish, after all, "Not everyone is bad," they said. That makes you question yourself even more because every single person that you have met have either hurt and/or left you in the past.

To everyone who related to this post, let's all hope that one day we actually find someone who will never leave us. Someone who can help us transform our insecurities to strength.