Stress? Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

Stress? Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

Stress is useless, use these ideas to help cut it out of your life

9
Stress? Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

College is a time of great adventures, self-discovery, and of course, stress. We take for granted how challenging it is to balance a social life, schoolwork, eating healthy, clubs, and a little bit of sanity because were just so used to doing it. There are times when we crack under the excessive amount of pressure or stress that comes with being a college student, and that’s ok too. We all need to have a freak out/mental break down/life crisis every once and a while. When this does happen, make sure you’re prepared to only let yourself freak out for a little while.

1. Take a shower with some music

Sometimes unwinding in the shower with a great playlist is just the thing you need to release some stress. Showers will open your pores, ease any tension you are feeling and you’ll feel refreshed afterwards. A few song selections for a relaxed shower would be anything by John Mayer, maybe a little Misterwives and some Zac Brown Band but if you wanted to pump yourself up take anything from a party playlist and I’m sure you’ll have a great jam session. Just make sure not to slip and fall during the guitar solos because that would cause more stress.

2. Go on a walk, but not for too long.

Sometimes throwing on your sneakers and your coat and walking around the block will clear your head for a little while. Enjoy the weather and the scenery, nature is so underrated and beautiful that sometimes we forget its there for us to appreciate.

3. Go to the gym

Studies show that exercising can release stress and it also releases endorphins that make you sleep better which in turn reduces stress. It’s also good for you! It improves your health and motivates you to improve your worth ethic both in the gym and in the classroom.

4. Get some food with a friend

Sometimes all you need is a little conversation with a friend to turn your day around. Sitting with a friend and talking about God knows what is a great way to get your mind off of everything that is clouding your mind. Make sure you tell yourself how long you’re going to eat for that way you won't stress about time.

5. Meditate

It may sound silly but sitting in a quiet room focusing on your breathing and clearing your mind for a few minutes really does help. You just gotta find your inner Zen and try it out, it makes you feel calmer and it will probably help you clear your mind.

6. Dance it out

Dance your little butt off like you hit the dance cup in beer pong. Put on your favorite song and dance like your life depends on it. Adding a little joy to your study break or de-stress time makes it more worthwhile.

7. Buy a few new stickers for your laptop

Redbubble.Redbubble.Redbubble.

8. Get a change of scenery

Literally you could change your seat at the library and it would probably do you a little good. If you’re stressing while you’re working chances are something needs to change, so why not find a comfy chair or a better view of campus to help you out. Nothing too distracting but even moving around will give your mind a break and your body a chance to stretch out.

9. Paint your nails

Painting your nails will give you something tedious to focus on but will help you unwind a bit. There’s nothing like pampering yourself, and adding a little color to your nails never hurt anyone either.

10. Clean

If you’re an OCD freak like me, I LOVE cleaning when I’m stressed. It really takes your mind off of things and you get to be productive about it. Clean your room, do some laundry, do whatever you need to do to just relax and let your mind take a break.

11. Play with a puppy

EVERYONE LOVES PUPPIES! Puppies make this world a better place, go find one or borrow one and just hang out with it. Its cute little face will brighten your day automatically.

12. Drink some tea

In my opinion, tea makes the world go round. There is nothing like studying or doing work with a nice cup of tea. It also helps reduce anxiety!

13. And finally, don’t worry be happy :)

Whatever you’re stressing about is only temporary! Don’t ruin your day over something that isn’t going to matter a few weeks down the road. Just do your best because you cant ask for more.