How To Take The Perfect Beach Photo

How To Take The Perfect Beach Photo

"4. One is NEVER enough."

36
How To Take The Perfect Beach Photo
Katie Francis

August is the shortest month of the summer, and everyone is squeezing in their last beach days to get the perfect pictures. With summer quickly coming to an end and your tan at its prime, it's time to take the perfect picture of you in your cutest bathing suit.

1. Hire your photographer.

Make sure this person knows your angles, most likely a BFF or a sibling who isn't afraid to try every angle.

2. Be aware of the sun.

The sun is your friend and your enemy. Utilize shadows to hide the things you don't necessarily love, but use the sun as a spotlight to highlight your best features.

3. Sunglasses are miracle workers.

Wearing sunglasses makes you look super chic and stylish, while hiding the fact that you aren't wearing any eye makeup.

4. One is NEVER enough.

Be prepared for a photoshoot, because in order to get the perfect pic, you have to put some time into it.

5. Try different poses.

If one pose doesn't work, don't sweat it. There are millions of different ways to pose! Jump, stand, sit, lay on a blanket, do a handstand... the possibilities are endless!

6. Use a prop.

Props can add a pop of color to a picture, which is exactly what any Instagram page needs in the summer! Grab a pineapple or an umbrella and make your picture stand out.

7. Experiment with filters.

You can turn any good photo into a great one with the touch of a button. Add a cute picture that exaggerates the best parts of your picture. Use apps outside of Instagram (VSCO, for example) to make the most of your filter variety.

8. Draw on them.

Nothing is cuter than a perfect beach picture topped off with artwork from yours truly! There are apps everywhere that allow you to draw designs directly onto your images.

9. Invite your friends.

You don't have to be the only one in the picture. Inviting friends to join in the limelight allows you to feel more comfortable in front of the camera and make memories with your BFFs at the same time.

10. Have fun with it and be yourself.

The best way to ensure a genuine and fun photo is to actually have a good time while taking it. Allow yourself to feel comfortable in your skin. No matter the final outcome, make sure you make great memories in the process.