Take Control Of Your Life So It Doesn't Take Control Of You
Lifestyles

When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going — And That Means Me

Show life who's boss.

78
Amira Totah

Sometimes life can be really hard, things just start piling up and you find yourself thinking "I can't catch a break." This happens to the best of us and usually at the worst timing. So it's time for us to stop feeling sorry for ourselves when we feel overwhelmed and instead, grab life by the horns.

We all go through tough times, some more than others, but the outcome really depends on how we handle it. Sometimes when we are going through a hard time it's easy to become consumed in the chaos of whatever is overwhelming us when in reality, we should just take a step back and evaluate the situation.

Life is a beautiful thing and we overlook that a lot because we are too busy worrying about everything we have going on around us.

It's important to slow down and take control of your life.

I know how it is to feel overwhelmed with the day-to-day responsibilities that we have to take care of. Between juggling school, work and trying to maintain a social life, it can be hard finding time for myself and things that help me stay in a healthy mental state.

The point in writing this is to say that we all go through similar things but not everyone experiences or handles them the same way. For me, I can say that finding my way of getting that feeling of control back in my life after falling off track is very important.

Take the time to figure out things you can do to make yourself more in control and stop letting life control you. Get your stuff done, don't procrastinate, get organized. These things make such a huge difference when it comes to feeling less stressed out or overwhelmed all the time.

Society puts a huge amount of pressure on us and it's not really fair. We should recognize what we want to accomplish and make that a priority, not what everyone else expects from you.

When life gets tough just remember how tough you are, with that you can tackle and overcome any obstacle thrown at you.