You get to be a part of someone's special day.
Last week, my family traveled to another state for my cousin's wedding. I was looking forward to it since I haven't been to many weddings in my life. Even though the whole thing was just a few hours long, I still enjoyed myself.
Here are some of the thoughts I had during this time.
1. I’m not even sure what proper wedding attire is.
I personally haven't been to a lot of weddings, so I didn't know what to wear.
2. This venue is quite unique.
This wedding was at a bourbon distillery. I didn't even know such a place hosted weddings.
3. I only know, like, a dozen people here.
You can assume that everyone you don't know is from the other side of the union.
4. The bride’s dress is so pretty.
*pictures a future me in the dress*
5. That’s so sweet that the bride and groom are getting emotional at the altar.
It's one of the most special days of their lives, so it's perfectly natural to cry in the moment.
6. Wow, the whole wedding part was over quick.
In this case, the wedding ceremony was maybe 10 minutes long.
7. I didn’t know wedding photos took so long.
That is, if the couple does their photos between the wedding and reception.
8. Some people are really taking advantage of the open bar.
In the case of this particular wedding, the fact that there was an open bar made sense. Some guests tried one drink while others went up multiple times throughout the night.
9. The meal is fancier than most restaurant food.
Which is to be expected.
10. There are so many desserts besides the wedding cake, not that it’s an issue.
I think I ate more desserts than actual food.
11. I’m looking forward to my wedding even though I’m single.
Though that day may be distant in the future, it's still fun to think about.