Tag Team Ministry

Tag Team Ministry

When it comes to church leadership, supporting each other is what a good partnership is all about.

107
Tag Team Ministry
Daily DDT

When it comes to church life and leadership, things can get a little hectic. There is a lot to juggle between scheduling events, searching for volunteers, keeping ministries running and finding time to take a breather. That's why it's so important to have someone in your corner for support.

When the going gets tough, the tough get tagging! Having a good partner in ministry to "tag in" can be an invaluable resource. You can help each other when you're in a rough spot, you can support each other when you're not in the ring and sometimes you can even come together to make a big impact in your ministry.

The Assist

Being involved in church leadership is such an awesome, humbling responsibility. It can be very rewarding, but oftentimes, it isn't easy. Sometimes you can feel pinned beneath the pressure of trying to find enough volunteers to staff an event - or even a Sunday service! Maybe you feel stuck in a corner, trying to fight your way out when it comes to trying to make healthy changes for the church's benefit. If you're involved in more than one ministry, sometimes it can even feel like you're being ganged up on when difficulties arise from more than one source at a time.

That's where a good tag team partner comes in. Having someone who is not afraid to come to your aid to assist you as you fight your way out of those tight corners (without even being asked to help) is invaluable. It's amazing when you have a ministry partner who can intercept the "extra man in the ring" by taking care of problems as they arise - sometimes before they even reach you. And when you find yourself struggling to kick out of a pin that you can't break on your own, those are the moments when a good ministry partner can turn the tide in your favor, swooping in just in the nick of time so that you don't lose to the pressure - you can keep fighting the good fight!

The Hype

Leadership in ministry can be a thankless job, sometimes - and that's because it's not about us. It's about God's glory. We lead to serve. But that doesn't mean that church leaders can't feel discouraged at times. Most people don't realize that it takes a lot of behind the scenes work to keep a Sunday service running smoothly.

Sermons don't write themselves, worship takes practice, and coffee and cookies don't manifest in the lobby on their own. Most of the time, people who haven't served in specific ministries don't think about the detail-work that is involved in writing lessons for the youth and children, keeping the church clean and maintained or even having pens and mints available at the welcome table.

When our work is taken for granted, it's only human to feel a little down about it. While I'm not suggesting that we (or our ministry partners) should walk around bragging each other up, supporting each other is what a good partnership is all about. Encouraging words and intercession can boost the morale of our tag team partner, and since we are all serving for the GREATEST good, it's win-win-WIN!

The Double-Team

Sometimes projects or problems come up that are too big to tackle alone. We are out of our depth or maybe need a hand (or two) to get things back on track. Coming together to accomplish great things is better than struggling to get the job done alone.

Your ministry partner knows that, too. And that's why they are there, ready for your tag. God has blessed us all with the gifts we need to serve Him, and how better to use those gifts than to come together to tackle the big issues? We are making an impact in the lives of those around us, in the church and in the community. Why not team up and make the biggest impact we can? Some of the most impressive moves can only be accomplished if you and your partner are both in the ring and on the same page. When working together in ministry, with God on your side, you can accomplish great things.

So, next time you need assistance, motivation or intercession, don't be afraid to turn to your ministry tag team partner. They've always got your back.