Dillashaw Out For 2 Years

Dillashaw Stripped Of His Bantamweight Legacy

Former 2-time Bantamweight Champion Gets 2 Year Suspension

49

Following the news that former 2-time UFC Bantamweight Champion T.J. Dillashaw tested positive for an unknown substance and he relinquished the belt, it would then be announced that he, has been suspended for 2 years by USADA. Dillashaw would test positive for Erythropoietin which is used to enhance the production of red blood cells. He tested positive for the EPO before and after his super fight when he moved down to take on UFC Flyweight Champion Henry Cejudo but lost the bout via TKO early in the first round.

T.J. Dillashaw was on the path to solidifying himself as the greatest Bantamweight in UFC history up until this failed drug test. He was always accused by fellow fighters in the organization that he, was using something but denied the allegations as anyone else would. The heat of these allegations most came the Team Alpha Male camp. Especially during the build-up to Cody Garbrandt versus T.J. Dillashaw 1.

Following winning his title back the allegations continued to fly at Dillashaw as continued to deny everything that was being said about him. As he dismantled Cody Garbrandt in the rematch it was pretty clear that T.J. was the best Bantamweight in the organization. His footwork and setups are compared to no one as he dominated everyone on his way to becoming easily the greatest fighter in UFC bantamweight history. It was a title that the mix martial arts community heavily disputed between T.J. Dillashaw and former champion Dominick Cruz.

Jeff Novitzky who is the UFC's Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance said to ESPN "On the level of seriousness of anti-doping, this is near the top". He would then explain what EPO is and what it does. Jeff Novitzky also mentioned that EPO can only be injected by a needle. With that being said Dillashaw's absence will definitely be felt in the division.

It was announced that on June 8th at UFC 238 #1 ranked bantamweight in the division "Magic" Marlon Moraes will face UFC Flyweight champion Henry Cejudo for the vacant UFC Bantamweight Championship. Many fighters in the bantamweight division have disputed this fight announcement as they feel Henry does not deserve to fight for that title and he should focus on the Flyweight division.

Before testing positive twice and losing to Henry Cejudo T.J. Dillashaw was on a 4 fight win streak since he originally lost his belt to former champion Dominick Cruz. It was looking like the UFC was gonna book the fight for Henry Cejudo to get another crack at T.J. Dillashaw but this time for UFC Bantamweight championship, not the UFC Flyweight championship. The plans were initially scrapped replacing T.J. Dillashaw with "Magic" Marlon Moraes. The absence of T.J. will truly be felt as there were many contenders in the UFC Bantamweight Division that wanted to get a shot at Dillashaw but unfortunately, that will not be the case.

Due to testing positive for such a serious substance, this leaves little room for excuses from TJ Dillashaw as he will be absent from the UFC until January 2021.