"Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X" Episode 10 and 11 Recap

Rocks Decide One Castaway's Fate

26
CBS.com

It finally happened. What was to me a subpar season of Survivor, just turned into an awesome season of Survivor. Tonight the hurdle was jumped. These Thanksgiving episodes are pretty nice. I could used to this. There was so much that happened tonight, I don't know where to begin. So let's start at the beginning.

It is very clear that once again, Mr. Jay is on the outs. The guy is a dead man walking and his last remaining ally, Will, knows it. Therefore he decides to tell Zeke that Jay has an Idol. This information obiviously spreads very quickly and it gets to the point pretty much everyone knows that Jay has an Idol. Jay however doesn't seem to know that everyone else knows. From Adam's perspective, this is just what he needed to hear. This will effectively take the target off of his back. Meanwhile, Chris, Sunday, and Bret start to think that it is now time for them to get Jessica out the next time they go to tribal. Hannah and Ken also flirt throughout this segment.

Will jumping ship probably was the right thing to do. What sucks, is how everyone throughout the episode continued to group them together as a pair. So it looks like that was ineffective. People knowing Jay has an Idol is not that great for his game because now he has sort of a target on his back and it is something that Adam can pounce on. As for these Gen-Xers, going after Jessica seems like it just wouldn't be wise move. They are still holding that grudge against her for getting Paul out. To me, that was in the past and you just need to press on from something that happened so early on in the game.

The Reward Challenge was won by Hannah, Bret, Zeke, Adam, and Sunday. On the reward, it was very interesting that Bret really was bonding with Zeke who was close with Chris. This is great for Bret's game because Zeke is obviously playing the best game right now. If he aligns with him, then he can really be protected from that shield Zeke is putting up for him. At camp, David is really beginning to recognize that Chris is the leader of Sunday and Bret. He makes it known to Ken that Chris needs to be the next to go. Which is a great read on David's part. Chris is a physical threat as well as strategic. He is perfect to go at this point in time.

David ends up winning the Immunity necklace and goes back into camp with everyone congratulating him. Jay is obviously pretty upset because it looks like the writing is on the wall for him. However, Chris comes up with a plan to just not include Jay so that he feels like he has to play his Idol. The Idol would then be flushed and then the votes would actually be for Jessica. Votes then begin to be jockeyed for. Zeke is firmly in the middle. He goes ahead and tells the other side that they are gunning for Jessica as well so he is just planting these seeds. Good for Zeke. Going into Tribal everyone is confident in what is going to happen. Well Chris was a little too confident and got blindisded because of Zeke, Hannah, and Adam flipping. Jay also didn't play his Idol because he could really get that Chris and Jessica were going after one another.

Getting Chris out was the right move here. He is just too threatening. Zeke realized that and took advantage of it. Jay not playing his Idol was something though. I knew this guy was going to be smarter than what we thought. That was an incredibly good read by him at tribal and it paid off. I don't know why people weren't trying to get his vote though. Yes he has an Idol, but when you need a vote, you need a vote. And wouldn't it be a better idea to pull him in, make him think he can trust you, and then blindside him and not worry about the Idol? I think that whole situation was handled wrong, but still props to Jay.

Going back to Zeke, it was clear that this was part of his plan. Right after tribal, Bret comes up to him to tell him that he understands what he did and that him and Sunday would still like to work with Zeke. Zeke is on board and that gets the ball rolling to go after David. David makes the mistake the next morining of tryng to recruit Bret and Sunday to go after Zeke because he is the best player. Well of course Bret runs off to tell Zeke which puts David in hot water. It also gets out that David has an Idol. When Zeke pitches the idea to Hannah however, she tries to put the target on Jay and Will. However she gets shut down.

Bret is really turning up the game play here. I love that he is making a bond with a big target like Zeke. Bret surprisingly is very non threatening at this point. Zeke recognizes also that David is his biggest competition right now so of course they want each other out. It makes sense too. One of them is going to have to go. As for Hannah, she is really trying to play the middle here which I think is very dangerous when dealing with these two power players.

The Reward is again won by Bret and Zeke's team where Bret lets it out that he is also Gay. This is really just amazing for his game. Zeke and him now are a duo and I don't think really anyone will know it. Bret and Zeke can really take this game by the horns at this point. Back at camp, Hannah tells David that Bret told Zeke about what he said and that they will be coming for him. David of course, begins to freak out. He tells her that his idol is for him and her if they need it. Things are about to erupt.

Jay makes quick work of the Immunity challenge making him safe so then the scrambling begins. Zeke tries talking to Hannah about what is going on and since she is a horrible liar, she totally telegraphs that she is working with David. So Zeke as the smart player he is decides that Hannah is the one they need to get out because David will play his Idol so then he will have to get one of David's people gone. Adam is torn on what to do. Jay is down for Hannah. Everything is going nuts and crazy and who knows what is going to happen at Tribal. And boy did tribal not disapoint. Accusations are being thrown around, there is whispering about what is going to happen. It is a Live vote. Bret is trying to shut it all down and then someone has the idea to loud whisper Ken. Genius. The votes are cast and David, after being told by Adam that he heard them say Ken, plays his idol on Ken. Making him safe. However, Zekes crew of Bret, Sunday, Jay, and Will put their votes on Hannah while Adam, David, Ken, Jessica, and Hannah vote for Zeke. We are tied. On the revote, it is tied again. It's time for a rock draw. Jessica is the unlucky won to draw the black rock.

This was an insane tribal. Loud whispering Ken was one of the best things I have ever seen on Survivor. It was amazing. David playing his Idol on Ken kind of sucks, but that is the game. Jessica should've flipped. If I played Survivor, there is no way I would ever take my chances with a rock draw. The sad thing is she had that gut feeling, but she didn't act on it and it cost her the game. The great takeaway here though is that everyone is in this thing to win it. We have David and Zeke clearly playing the best games. Jay who has some how managed to slip through the cracks and I believe is in a tremdous spot right bow because of the war between David and Zeke. Bret is playing a phenomenal social game. Hannah sort of knows what she is doing. And then Adam who might've hurt his game tonight by really pointing out to David the whole Ken thing. It is clear now that he to is on David's side. Zeke has the majority now though and if David wins immunity, Adam could be the target. I got goosebumps tonight and am already counting down the days until next Wednesday!