What If You're Not Thriving You're Only Surviving?

Someday you'll thrive, but for now you have to just survive.
2688

We’ve all seen the posts. Countless upon countless posts on all social media platforms of millennials saying how they’re #SurvivingNotThriving because of various tiny difficulties in their life. Maybe they didn’t do as well on a test as they were hoping, maybe their favorite brunch place was closed so they had to go to Denny’s instead. Whatever it may be, sometimes it’s overwhelming being on social media and sifting through all of the posts about how life just isn’t going the way that person wants right now. But, what if you are truly not thriving and you’re just merely surviving?

Lately, I have felt like this and not just because of trivial, day to day things. It’s hard to feel like you are genuinely thriving when the thought of getting up out of bed to brush your teeth exhausts you. Every minute of every day that you are not in bed and asleep drains the life out of you, no matter the workload on your plate. I have come to a point in my life where I feel stagnant, stuck and unable to get out of the rut I am currently in - I am the definition of the trendy hashtag. I am not squeezing every last drop out of the beautiful life I have like I should be.

It’s important to remember when you’re in seasons in your life like this, though, there will always be a way to pull yourself out of it. Despite the fact that I continually feel like I’m only surviving, I have hope for the future; a future where I suck the marrow out of life, a future where I fully and completely thrive. If you, too, feel the lowest of the low and that you are only #SurvivingNotThriving - keep the hope, cling to it.