How To Survive Spring Break

How To Survive Spring Break

AKA how to return home in one piece.

20
How To Survive Spring Break
Victoria Lee

Spring Break season is upon us! It’s time to pack our bags and head down to the sunniest places in the world to soak up all the sun and take a week off from essays and endless studying!

While some of us have become professional spring breakers, freshmen all across the United States are about to embark on the craziest week of their lives. Of course there’s no experience needed to have a good time, but if you have no idea what to expect, these guidelines will guarantee your safe return back to classes.

1. Stay hydrated

You may think this one would be a no-brainer, but when you’re out on the beach, by the pool, and drinking all day while having fun, there’s a chance you’re probably going to forget that your body can’t survive on tequila shots and lime wedges.

2. Keep your valuables close to you, or locked away in your hotel room

Make copies of your important documents like your passport, visa, etc., and use a safe to store whatever you’re worried about losing. When venturing outdoors, try to carry as little as possible. I’ve even seen people with fanny packs to make sure they don’t lose their phones and wallets. And, if you leave your stuff to grab some food or check out an event, make sure you have at least one friend who’s willing to keep an eye out!

3. Drink more water

I wasn’t kidding. Do you want a hangover the second morning of spring break, or do you want to continue drinking all day?

6. Watch your drinks!

As a creepy sophomore once tweeted at us as freshmen, “Roofies are real”. Sexual assault and other awful crimes are known to happen during spring break. Don’t set your drink down anywhere, and don’t let random strangers buy you drinks unless you’ve kept your eyes on them!

7. Stay with your friends or organize a meeting spot in case you lose each other

This one’s a story to tell your friends if you all find each other. If you’re in Mexico or the Caribbean Islands, chances are you might not get cell service. Make sure you know the address of your hotel in case you get lost as well.

8. Are you still drinking water?

9. Careful when posting photos on social media when under the influence

The Internet is forever, people. Chances are that you haven’t had an opportunity to drink for a week straight, so there are boundaries you haven’t pushed yet. Remember, you won’t be able to undo damage if you or your friends post anything inappropriate.

10. Have fun!

The college experience will be over in the blink of an eye! Make the most out of your time with your friends and make memories to laugh about for the rest of your life.