Surviving Finals (and Hell Week)

Surviving Finals (and Hell Week)

Finals is stressful but hell week is worse. You know that week before finals when EVERYTHING is due… yeah, that's hell week.

20
Surviving Finals (and Hell Week)

Lists Lists Lists

It's so easy to get super stressed and lose track of all of your work. Make a point of making lists of everything you have to do. Not only does it help you stay on top of everything but it's soooo satisfying to cross things off when you're done with them. It is even more satisfying to finish off the entire list at the end of finals.

Prioritize

Some assignments are obviously more important than others. Don't spend excessive amounts of time on things that aren't important right now. After all this is one of the busiest weeks and you have to decide what is most important to you. Also, at the end of the year/semester, it's easy to want to spend as much time with your friends that you won't see for a while as possible. However, if you really focus on your work and prioritize it, you'll be able to spend time with your friends and get your work done.

Reward Yourself

Once you accomplish a task, make sure you take a minute to acknowledge what you have finished. School is hard; don't forget to be proud of yourself.

Have a Good Environment

Of course it's important to have an environment that is quiet and has good lighting, but that is not exactly what I mean. If you are focused on getting work done and getting good grades, don't surround yourself with people who don't have the same priorities as you. Surround yourself with people who have similar goals. Peer pressure is a real thing and if you aren't around those who are supportive, it is easy to forget what you want.

See Your Teacher/Professor

It's never a bad idea to ask for extra help. Even if you are down to the wire and don't want a professor to know you're studying at the last minute, it's better to bite the bullet now if it means you'll get a good grade.

Keep Going...It's Almost Over

These few weeks may seem like the longest weeks ever and studying and working may be the last thing you want to do around the holidays. However, it's only a few weeks. You can absolutely make it through. Afterwards you will be able to have a great holiday season and when your family asks how the semester was, you can honestly say it went well.

You're almost there! Good luck!