Sur​prise, God Doesn't Hate Anyone

Sur​prise, God Doesn't Hate Anyone

Why would Jesus hate someone he fearfully and wonderfully made?

47
Sur​prise, God Doesn't Hate Anyone
@joshseeks on Instagram

More than likely at one point in life everyone has heard people say something like, "Jesus hates gay people", "God hates sinners", or "You are too far gone for the love of God". Well, let me tell you... they're wrong. Jesus loves everyone, no one is free of sin, and if Christians believe God created the whole entire universe, how the heck can you be too far for him to find you? We are literally on a rock, floating in space, around a star... that he created. It can't be that hard right?

The Heart Of God

Imagine the perfect father. What would the characteristics of that father be? A couple of quick answers that come to mind may be protective, loving, patient, dependable, etc. That is who God is, he is the perfect father. What God has for his people is a love that is so wholesome and pure that it can not be tainted by the hurt of the world. In John 3:16 The Bible says, "For God so loved the world he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life". Isn't that a trait we haven't really thought of before when thinking of the perfect father? God is a sacrificial father, he is willing to give up even his own son for the good of the people who turned their backs on him. Oh, how God loves his creation. Did you know that even the hairs on your head are numbered? Or that you were molded before the foundation of the earth in fear and wonder and awe. The heart of God is never rooted in hate, he loves you because he created you. There is actually nothing you can do to make him love you more or less. His love is complete and whole and righteous. His love isn't what your pastor says it is, or your parents, or even yourself. It is shown in the price he paid to adopt his children, and the sacrifice of His son Jesus was a pretty high price.

The Truth Of God

Even though God loves his people, he doesn't allow us to go against his commands. see, his thoughts are above our thoughts so even if I wrote the most astoundingly articulated article on the face of the earth. It couldn't measure in comparison the things that God has spoken in his word. The Bible is the most historically accurate document ever written, it is also the basis of Christian faith. So that means that every teaching and rule that is written in the word, Followers of Jesus are called to obey. A common issue people find in that statement mentioned previously is the Old Testament law. There are 613 commandments and laws written in the Old Testament. Many of us couldn't even follow the no eating in bed rule that our parents set when we were eight. How in the world can we possibly follow that many laws and rules? Quick answer: we can't. That is why they existed in the first place. The law wasn't easy on purpose, God wanted to show us we couldn't fulfill his commands outside of being in a relationship with him. Luckily, in order to have that relationship, he sent Jesus. Jesus fulfilled the entire law with no sin. He then became sin by being crucified on the cross for our sins. Finally, having done that, he was resurrected showing that he had conquered sin and death. Because he won, it gave him as the son of God authority to give His last words of wisdom. When asked what the greatest commandment was, Jesus replied, "37 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Mathew 22:36-40). Jesus gave this command to not nullify everything else in the Bible, but instead to sum up everything into two commandments. He came to call you into something more, into love.

Finding God

How can someone love God? What does it even mean to "love God"? Simple, believe that Jesus is the son of God, that he died so that every man and woman could be free. Then, turn from the things that are corrupting the hearts of people and turn to the truth by repentance. That is literally all it takes. It actually is harder to make a pitcher of kool-aid, than it is to give your life to Jesus. He is calling and tugging at the hearts of his creation. He doesn't glare at you for making mistakes, He wants to be close to you. Don't let anyone convince you that God hates anyone, because surprise, he doesn't.