All About H&M's Line Of Bras For Breast Cancer Survivors
Cancer

H&M's Line Of Bras For Breast Cancer Survivors Reminds Us That All Women Have A Right To Feel Beautiful

I wish more companies would do the same and alter clothing to fit all women, regardless of what makes them unique from others.

86

I am sure that after reading this article, you will have a big smile on your face.

It's finally October and 2018 is slowly coming to an end. As everyone celebrates October as the month of Halloween and autumn, many Americans are using the month of October to bring awareness to breast cancer. Did you know that there are more than 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. alone? This month is special to me because my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and it was devastating. Hearing the word "cancer" is enough to send chills down your spine. It's a scary thing to think about especially when it affects someone who is so close to you.

Despite how breast cancer affects families, how does it affect survivors? Many women undergo mastectomy surgeries after being affected by devastating cancer but how do you think they feel? All women deserve to be felt as beautiful and nothing should make them feel otherwise. With this in mind, H&M decided to create a line of bras and lingerie meant for breast cancer survivors. There are many bra styles that customers can choose from, including a basic bra, lace bra and front-zip sports bra. There are many sizes as well, so no woman is forgotten. The collection, titled "Close to the Heart," is trending across the nation during this month of breast cancer awareness.

So how can this get better? Well, H&M is donating 100% of its profits from the line to the American Cancer Society. You read that right, all of it! It makes me so happy to see a company stand for breast cancer survivors and create clothing that makes them feel beautiful inside and out. I wish more companies would do the same and alter clothing to fit all women, regardless of what makes them unique from others. Women go through a lot, whether it be everyday struggles or diseases such as cancer, and deserve to be felt beautiful.

During this month for breast cancer awareness, let's build women up together as a community. It's not a hard thing to do. Simple gestures, like telling a survivor that she is beautiful or making them a sweet card telling them how much they mean to you and how strong they are, are great ways to build a woman's confidence. Donating money to the American Cancer Society or the Susan G. Komen Foundation can help to bring awareness to communities all over the world! Please take your part in bringing awareness to the beautiful cause because our world is full of strong women who feel discouraged after fighting a battle as great as breast cancer. These women deserve nothing less than amazing. Join a walk for breast cancer or tell the women in your family to go get a breast exam.

Breast cancer is deadly and creeps up on you when you least expect it. There are too many innocent, beautiful souls who don't deserve to go through cancer so let's start helping our community fight against breast cancer together.