The Super Bowl And Pepsi Halftime Show Did Not Live Up to Our Expectations

I'm a huge Patriots fan and I appreciate the win regardless, but I feel like the game would've been more interesting if it was the Patriots against the New Orleans Saints.

407

After six long months of football, we have finally reached the climax (or what should be) of the season: The Super Bowl. After months of Maroon 5 and the excitement of the game itself, many people were disappointed with both.

The game itself had no real action or change in leads making it one of the most boring Super Bowls up to date. The event is supposed to show the best competing with the best, but both sides lacked in showing what they got. Fans believed that the Los Angeles Rams did not belong in the Super Bowl due to the missed call made and that really showed with how poorly they performed on the biggest stage they could. The offense of the Rams seemed nonexistent. Their first eight plays ended in a punt and they didn't even score a touchdown. Although Tom Brady is known as the greatest of all time, his throws did not seem to reach where they needed to be. However, the Patriots offense was able to muster a touchdown and two field goals.

I will give credit where credit is due. Both defenses were electric. Tom Brady is a difficult quarterback to stop and the Cory Littleton of the Rams was able to intercept the ball on his first throw. The Rams were able to only let the Patriots reach the end zone once, but that ended in a Patriots touchdown. The Patriots defense was substantially better. Kyle Van Noy was able to pressure Jared Goff and get a sack. Van Noy definitely deserves more credit than he gets. He received a lot of backlash for the amount of money he was being paid and his performance proved that he was worth every penny. Jason McCourty, a Rutgers alumna, made a huge play that saved the game by preventing a catch in the end zone. His read on the field was amazing given the fact that he wasn't supposed to be in that part of the field. Stephon Gilmore sealed the win with an interception late in the game. In my opinion, the MVP should have gone to a defensive player since the game was more defense than offense.

The Pepsi Halftime Show was probably more exciting than the game itself. I was so excited to find out that Maroon 5 was performing and that they agreed to having a "Spongebob" cameo. On paper it was amazing, but the execution was lackluster. Maroon 5's setlist felt lacking. I felt like "She Will Be Loved" didn't belong to the show and that there was a lack of visual stimulus. The "Spongebob" cameo felt like a tease. Many were excited to see it but were utterly disappointed with how short the appearance was.

Overall, the whole show did not live up to the hype. I'm a huge Patriots fan and I appreciate the win regardless, but I feel like the game would've been more interesting if it was the Patriots against the New Orleans Saints. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints on a revenge tour to the Super Bowl next season.