5 Sunglasses for Summer

5 Must Have Sunglasses for Summer

Expert recommendations on what shades you should be styling this summer.

108
5 Must Have Sunglasses for Summer
https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-a-woman-sitting-on-the-cliff-800246/

The temperature is rising, days are getting longer and school is (finally) over. Our thoughts are "shore" turning toward summer vacation. I reached out to Anna Smirnova, founder of Eyezz.com, an online retailer of authentic designer eyewear from all the hottest name brands, for her expert recommendations on what shades you should be styling this summer and some helpful tips to protect your eyes from the sun.

1. Gucci GG0053S

Courtesy Eyezz.com

"You may be tempted to break out your polyester and bell-bottoms when you sport these shades, recalling a vintage 70's look, with an iconic shape that is at the same time voluminous and enchanting."

2. Prada 0PR 52US

Courtesy Eyezz.com

"Exceptional craftsmanship and style are the hallmarks of Prada frames and I love that these sunglasses are available with a mirror coating option for enhanced sun protection and gradient tinted lenses that start off at a darker color at the top of a lens and then gradually lighten towards the bottom. Great for fashion and enjoying sunny summer days."

3. Ray-Ban 0RB3026

Courtesy Eyezz.com

"Timeless. The Ray-Ban Aviator Classic sunglasses were originally designed for U.S. aviators in 1937 and with a classic gold frame and a range of lens colors, they have easily become the most iconic sunglass models in the world. Whether you are shooting for a spot in the 'Top Gun' sequel or simply want to look like you belong with the jetset, these frames are definitely the way to go."

4. Gucci GG0113S

Courtesy Eyezz.com

"I love this trendy iconic round shape, inspired by the Gucci runways and the ethos that 'L'Aveugle Par Amour' (Love Blinds). The acetate rim with engraved varnished sentence and iconic bee on the hing, is sure to generate some 'buzz' this summer."

5. Dior Offset 1

Courtesy Eyezz.com

"Watching the sunset and sipping a Cosmo just got sexier with this line from the House of Dior. Crafted of black acetate and polished rose-goldtone metal, heads will turn when your friends see the multicolored acetate topline detailing that would make Carrie Bradshaw swoon."

Sunlight reflecting off the sea and sand greatly increases your exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation and your risk of developing eye problems, but sunglasses can actually help protect your eyes. When looking for new sunglasses choose lenses with a UVA/UVB rating of 100% to get the most protection from ultraviolet light.

Just because you choose dark-tinted sunglasses, doesn't mean you will have more UV protection. You can actually get the same level of UV protection with light-colored tints, such as green, amber, red, and gray as you can with very dark lenses.

Finally, you may want to consider large, wraparound-style frames, not only are they very much in style right now, they may provide more efficient UV protection because they cover the entire eye area. This is particularly important when hanging around or on the water because much of the UV comes from light reflected off the water's surface.

There you have it! Our rundown of five celebrity-envy sunglasses for summer and some bright ideas for protecting your eyes from the sun!