5 Phases Of The Sunday Scaries, As Told By The Kardashians

Sunday, UGH.

61
Wikimedia

Sunday: arguably the worst day of the week, other than Monday. The day that almost everyone dreads. When you would do literally anything for it not to be Sunday. When you realize you have all of your work to do because you left it for Sunday. When you’re tired, but you know that when you wake up tomorrow, it will be Monday, which is just as bad. These feelings you have, they are the Sunday Scaries, and who better to explain them than the Kardashians.

1. Denial

No. It can’t be. How is it already Sunday? The week just flew by, and the weekend even faster. Thinking about how fast the weekend flew by kind of makes you want to cry a little. You refuse to accept the fact that today, the weekend is over and all the work you’ve been avoiding actually needs to get done. You would literally do anything for it not to be Sunday.

2. Acceptance, with a lot of overconfidence

After fully denying that it is Sunday, you realize there truly is nothing you can do. So, you decide to accept it and start your work. I mean, it’s still early in the day, you can definitely get your work done. Plus, maybe if you start now you can get it all done quickly and end the day early! Now you’re almost confident.

You can totally beat this Sunday. You’re going to get all the work done quickly and beat the Sunday Scaries. Honestly, you’ve never felt better, this may be the best Sunday yet.

3. Avoidance

So after “doing your work” for hours, you have gotten absolutely nothing done. You may have thought that you could get everything done, but the Sunday Scaries means A LOT of procrastination, like more than on a Thursday afternoon when you’re too excited to go out that night. You realize that no matter what you do, this perfect Sunday is not happening.

Instead of sitting down and stressing about all of the work that you have yet to do, and think about all of the time you have wasted pretending to do work, you decide to avoid it all. I mean, why do any of it? You might as well take a “quick” snack break, maybe watch some Netflix, I don’t know. Do anything but the work you have to do.

4. Sadness

So, you have effectively avoided literally every bit of work you have. It is now evening and you realize you were not only extremely inefficient but now you also have a ton of work to do and very little time. You could go to bed, forget about the day, and start fresh tomorrow. Except, tomorrow is Monday.

Basically, tomorrow is also going to be horrible no matter what you do. You are a complete mess and pretty sad. Sunday may be just about over, but Monday is seriously creeping up on you. Things couldn’t be going worse basically.

5. Relief, with a side of YOLO

There is literally nothing you can do right now. Sunday went horribly, Monday is definitely going to go horribly. But, the day is over and you can at least go to bed and move on. There is nothing you can do so you might as well enjoy the rest of your night. You probably got none of your work done. But, after all, technically you did beat the Sunday Scaries in the end, right?