Summer 2019: Top Upcoming Sporting Events

The summer is an exciting time is the world of sports with this year being especially stacked. Here are some of the most anticipated sporting events of Summer 2019.

15

NBA Finals

The playoffs are underway and there is certainly no shortage of drama. The Houston Rockets have another shot to take down the defending champs. Will they finally do it? The Milwaukee Bucks look unstoppable when the Greek Freak is on his game.

The NBA Finals are scheduled to begin on May 30th. The Eastern conference is wide open and unlike before, there are challenges for Golden State as the Los Angeles Clippers displayed.

NBA Draft

The 2019 draft is scheduled to take place on June 20th with the lottery being held May 14th. The lottery this season is also known as the Zion Williamson sweepstakes as he is a virtual lock to be taken first overall.

As of now, Nicholas Claxton has declared for the draft but is still eligible to return to Georgia for his senior season.

The draft is an exciting time for sports fans because it is an opportunity to see a good amount of roster turnover and the potential stars of the future.

MLB All-Star weekend

Major League Baseball has recently made a comeback of sorts with a spike in popularity among the younger generation. Two of the biggest brands in baseball, the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox, have as much star power as ever.

Last season, the home-run derby was the most exciting it has been in years with Bryce Harper's monstrous performance. The all-star weekend is an opportunity to see baseball's biggest names go head to head, trying to outshine one another.

FIFA Women's World Cup

The eighth edition of the FIFA Women's World Cup will begin on June 7th. France will be playing host to the 2019 tournament.

The United States is a three-time world cup champion and is looking to challenge for a fourth. The U.S. previously won in 1991, 1999, and 2015, making them the defending champions. The roster is as loaded as ever with Alex Morgan and Veteran Ali Krieger leading the charge.

Stanley Cup

With already one major upset, no one is safe in this year's Stanley Cup race. The San Jose Sharks look strong in the second round and the Columbus Blue Jackets look to carry on their success after shocking the world with a first-round sweep of the Lightning.

The Stanley Cup Final will be held in either late May or early June depending on the outcomes of the previous rounds.