13 Items You Need This Summer

13 Items You Need To Make Summer 2019 The Best Season Yet

With summer right around the corner, make sure to have these things in mind when packing up your beach or pool bag, or as you head off to work.

45

A lot of these are self-explanatory, but the other ones are just some tips and little items you might want to keep in mind this summer. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of things that you could possibly be buying if you don't have them already! Summer is coming. This is how I am going to be filling my bag to make the best of my days.

Sunscreen

I don't care what brand. I don't care how much it is. You absolutely need sunscreen — I type this as I have never worn sunscreen a day in my life. But, you do need a little SPF on your face! Protect your beautiful skin this summer. And, I know I am going to start.

Chapstick

This is a must-have for every season. Your lips can burn too! Keep that Chapstick in your pocket. Here's a pro-tip: if it melts, throw it in the freezer for 10 minutes. It will be good as new!

Bigger purse

Ladies, I know it is super cute to get those tiny bags that carry your debit card and maybe a chapstick. But, let's think this through, okay? You really need some room for extra shoes or even another t-shirt — it's better to be overprepared. When you have more room, you are tempted to fill it! I mean, it is always a good idea to invest in a good bag, anyway.

Shorts

Shorts are 100% the move for summer, like, duh. There are so many different styles to choose from, but denim literally goes with anything.

Sunglasses

Everyone has a different face shape, so there is no way for me to tell you what the perfect shape is for you. But, I really recommend taking some time out of your day to see what is the best fit for you. Square, rounded, cat eye, reflective — you really have a ton of options!

Two-piece set

This is really a staple for this summer. It's insanely easy to dress down or dress up a set! They are also really comfy. AND, you will still get that little bit of sun while looking cute.

Platform sandals

These are really versatile. Wear them to the beach, to work, or even the grocery store. They are super cute and really can bring any outfit together. Also, a pro tip: if you can't afford these Steve Madden ones, I know Target has some for cheaper!

Cropped hoodie

These are perfect for those nights when it's a little summer chilly and you need to cover up. It's also really good to have in your car or purse when you aren't sure when your day is going to be over and you might need to add some layers.

Scrunchies

Scrunchies have been making a complete come back! They are so much better than hair ties and don't pull your hair out. Like, c'mon, they are such a cute accessory — they make your wrist and your hair look extra cute. I love scrunchies.

Tube top

Tube tops are so easy to pull over your bikini top. They are super cute for summer and don't leave tan lines on your shoulders, the only two things you would ever need in a shirt!

Water 

Repeat after me: hydrate or DIE-drate. H2O is insanely important but insanely overlooked. Drink water and don't forget it!

Anything yellow

Yellow equals summer! I love it. The sun comes out and so does all of the yellow clothing. Plus, it makes you look more tan, like, who wouldn't want that?

Aloe

Aloe is the best thing for your skin after a long day in the sun, but it's also good for your skin no matter what. It helps clear up acne and keeps your skin glowing. It's a summer MUST-have.

I hope you got something out of the list to help you this summer. You definitely want to keep all of these essentials in mind when going out even if it is just one day — you are better over-prepared than under and I truly believe that.