It May Be Summertime, But I'm Ready To Jump Into My Church Internship
Christianity

Summer internship at my church.

194
Hanah DeHart

I have been out of school for.. well when you are reading this about 11 days now and I love it. Don't get me wrong I enjoy being at school but I also love being home and having home cooked meals and I was super excited to get home to start my summer internship and make some MONEY!

This summer, I have the amazing opportunity to be an intern at my church in my home town and so far, it is going well! I definitely had some nerves coming into it because I was like what if everything I do is wrong or not good enough but God would not have given me the opportunity with this internship if he didn't think I could do it. I also have some of my friends here interning also which is always so nice and great and makes it easier if I am ever stressed about something.

I am so excited to be here helping and doing the Lord's work in the process because in the end that is what I am doing and that is what he had a vision for me at the end of the day, serving him.

A little bit of background of what I am doing. I am in the communications department here at my church. This entails existing to unify the voice of our church. Anything that someone interacts with other than the message from Sunday mornings, which is five things, those are...

1. The experience

2. What they see

3. Whatever they click wither that be on our facebook page or on our website

4. What they read and

5. What they touch.

Interacting with the church has a lot to do with what we are doing behind the scenes and sometimes when there are props made on stage that goes with the creative and communications side with the church to help our pastors out if they need a visual to go with the message.

I do have big projects already but I love a good challenge and seeing my more creative side come out and a lot of trial and error to get the point across. I am very thankful for this opportunity that I have been given. I know that he is the only one who is going to know the outcome of the summer but I know I am here for a reason and growing in my faith is something that is definitely going to happen this summer, especially having a class with one of our pastors studying a book in the bible I can't wait for that.