Summer, I'm Ready For You

Summer, I'm Ready For You

Let's get it, Summer 2019.

51
Summer, I'm Ready For You

It's crazy to think that I have only 3 weeks left until the end of my freshman year of college. When people told me that these 4 years would fly by, I didn't think it would happen this fast.

This year was a mix of a bunch of different emotions. I had highs, I had lows, I had feelings in-between.

If someone were to ask me how I would describe my first year of college in one word I would be standing there speechless.

I started off the school year loving everything about Syracuse University. But as the middle-of-the-year rolled around I was in a slump. I hated it here. I even had a conversation with my parents about possibly transferring. But now, as the semester is coming to a close, I am, once again, finding the things I loved about this school.

That being said, I am so ready for summer break. I cannot wait to go home and be with my family, my friends, my dog, my bed, and take shower shoe-less showers.

Living right outside of D.C., I am antsy to get back to the nation's capital -- there truly isn't anything quite like Washington, D.C. in the summer.

On another note, I'm excited to get a job and make money of my own. I also can't wait to get back behind the wheel of my beloved Nissan Altima and drive through my hometown roads.

This school year was, for the most part, really good. It taught me a lot about myself and how to become independent.

Syracuse, I'll be back to you in August, and for that, I cannot wait. But, for now, it's time for me to go home.