summer fashions

5 Summer Wardrobe Essentials Your Closet Needs Right Now

Check out these summer 2019 wardrobe essentials, featuring Urban Outfitters' latest trends and summer styles!

374

Now that the sun has finally decided to show face at the end of May and all the April showers have washed away, its officially S U M M E R. I don't know about you, but I've been waiting to bring out my summer shorts and swimsuits and dreaming of warmer days during this neverending winter and now that summer is finally here, I am LOVING the current styles Urban Outfitters has to share for this season. Check out some of the favorites that I already own or will be purchasing immediately to complete my summer 2019 wardrobe!

1. Fun sunnies to spice up any outfit. Protect your pretty eyes in style!

Anyone who knows me knows I am an absolute sucker for a cute, cheap pair of sunglasses. Urban Outfitters has mastered the cute AND cheap sunglass trends for your summer. My favorites are the Dyllon metal round sunglasses in the far right row on the Instagram pic above. They are a timeless classic and always have me feeling myself when the sun is shining. Even better, they're only $16!

2. Pastels pastels, pastels. They've made their comeback and they mean business

PASTELS, PEOPLE. Purple (or should I say lavender?) pink, blue and yellow. They've made their come back all the way from the 70s and they're taking over 2019 summer look books across the US. Mix and match these pastel striped shorts with any cute graphic tee or tank for your next summer beach day. And to carry on the comeback fashion trends of 2019, don't forget your scrunchies!

3. The perfect Birkenstock sandal for any and every adventure your summer may entail

More pastels! But for real. These Birkenstock sandals are an absolute staple in any summer wardrobe no matter the color you choose because they're so comfortable and go with just about anything. On top of being super comfy and having a ton of cute colors, the rubber material means they can take on any ocean or lake you may be diving into with your gals this summer. I'll take a pair in each color, please!

4. High waisted floral swimsuit bottoms for your cute booty with an attitude

I find myself wearing more and more high waisted bottoms these days (swimsuits included) and these are my absolute FAV. They tie together the floral and high waisted trends perfectly and this pair is even on SALE! Grab them before they're gone so you can sport this cute floral look all summer long.

5. The essential Levi 501 jean shorts that complete any fun summer look, including this cute polka-dot top

I don't even think I need to explain this one. These 501 Levi shorts, and ALL Levi's shorts never fail to add that classic, comfortable style to all of my summer looks. They're my go-to shorts and I have them in two different shades of denim, maybe I should get a third?