Summer Expectations Vs. Reality

Summer Expectations Vs. Reality

Because no one's summer actually goes the way they plan.

91
https://www.pexels.com/photo/sunglasses-sunset-summer-sand-46710/

When school lets out for the summer, we have so many big plans and goals we hope to achieve by the time school rolls around in the fall. Do we actually accomplish any of these goals? Not really.

1. Expectation: Hang out with friends 24/7

You miss all of your hometown friends - then you get home from school.

2. Reality: Sit on your couch and watch Netflix all day

The comfiest place to be.

3. Expectation: Work out and eat healthy all the time

You missed the opportunity to get that summer bod during the school year but better late than never right?

4. Reality: Eat junk food all day while laying in bed

Working out is too hard. Chips are too tasty.

5. Expectation: Ace all summer classes

You're only taking one or two classes, what's so hard about that right?

6. Reality: Do mediocre in online summer classes

Because you honestly don't care or have time for that. The motivation is not there.

7. Expectation: Work a ton of hours and save money

Work hard now so you can spend later.

8. Reality: Never get scheduled for work and sit around the house bugging your mom

Your manager won't schedule you for more than like 10 hours a week, but secretly you aren't that mad about it.

9. Expectation: Go to the pool/lake and get super tan

You want to have a hot bod when you get back to school in the fall.

10. Reality: Sit inside all day and be painfully pale

Between your busy schedule of bugging your mom and laying on your couch, there's no time to get a tan.

Overall, summer is never as great as it's hyped up to be. But hey, at least it's a break from college for a while.