15 Summer Bucket List Activities For 2018

"Wait where's the marshmallows?"

83

Honestly, every summer I tell myself that I'm going to do crazy and fun things, but I never do which leaves me disappointed and kind of like I wasted my whole summer. Part of the reason my summers were less lively than I'd want them to be is that I got my first car right before I started college. So with that being said, it was hard for me to get around all summer long.

Another part of the reason my summers made me sad was that I wasn't consistently having money. I was working some of the summers before now but never enough to have a good amount of money a week to be able to do lots of activities. However now I am a young adult, I have a car, a good job and an amazing SO to spend the summer with. So without further ado here is my 2018 summer bucket list.

(Please note that these activities will be specific to my interests and may not apply to you personally at all.)

1. Start a succulent garden.

I've always loved plants but I have never been able to grow out my own or keep a small garden. This summer I hope to make a DIY hanging wall succulent garden to brighten up my soul and add light to my life.

2. Go camping and stargazing.

The last time I went camping I was 9 years old and in girls scouts. And that camping trip was not a good experience. I want to go to a campground in the wilderness, camp out around a fire, and stare up at the stars for hours with my love cuddled up next to me.

3. Go to Disney.

Okay, I know this is kind of a generic one but Tyler hasn't been to Disney in a while and I miss seeing 13 differently dressed Mickey Mouse characters. Faith, trust and pixie dust and I am ready to meet my fluttering friend Tink in the most magical place on Earth.

4. Drive-in movie.

Surprisingly enough I have never been to a drive-in movie theater. There were a couple times I could've but I wasn't able to and I've always been curious how those kinds of movie showings went.

5. Get taken on a really nice date.

This one is kind of up to Tyler but I've never been on a date where we both get dressed up and go out somewhere that's not Applebee's or Chilis. I just want to experience a nice romantic atmosphere with my baby though, that's really all.

6. Just drive.

I want to get in the car with a full tank of gas and see where that takes me. Maybe it'll lead to a high-class donut shop or maybe I'll find a small cottage in the middle of Connecticut but hey, you never know. That's the whole point!

7. Die zip-lining.

Haha, I'm just kidding but I would love to try zip-lining. It has always scared me because I've seen zip-lining go terribly wrong but I've always wanted to feel the rush of adrenaline that comes with flying down a steel wire line at 50mph.

8. Play paint twister.

I've always wanted to try this ever since the first time I came across this on Facebook. I just want to get a few friends together, throw some paint on a twister mat and get messy. I know it'll be fun and I'll just laugh the whole time.

9. Go to a carnival.

I love carnivals so much. The food is all unhealthy but great treats for sometimes. The local people around can be so nice. The rides and games are always my favorite. And it's nice to spend a day with a group of friends just walking around, taking in the fresh air, and having a great time as well.

10. Watch fireflies at night.

I've never seen a firefly in real life. But I have heard that they are beautiful. I'd love to be able to sit back and watch as these natural lightning bugs flutter around their natural habitat and environment. Seems pretty cool to me.

11. Night swimming.

I love night swimming! I'm not sure what is it for most people but for me, I just love swimming under a nice night sky of beautiful stars. Also swimming at night is so peaceful to me I would do it every day if I could.

12. Fly a kite.

Can you guys believe my boyfriend is 20 years old and has never flown a kite in his entire life? It's crazy I know. So yes this is on the list because it's something I want to be able to show him. It's actually nice flying a kite on a nice breezy summer day.

13. Go on a picnic.

Picnics are always fun especially if you pack a nice lunch and drinks and maybe a football to play catch on the grass as well. A day spent throwing the old pigskin is always a fun time to be alive.

14. Kiss under fireworks.

All I have to say about this one is I'm a corny hopeless romantic. Fourth of July is coming soon and I will be on the beach, watching fireworks with my baby boy next to me.

15. And lastly travel to California.

My mother lives over in San Diego and this will be my second summer visiting her now! I get to bring Tyler which I'm pretty excited about and I just can't wait to see all my family down there and introduce Tyler to mofongo and real mexican burritos.