It is Summer Break, So Now What?

7 Things To Do Now That It's Summer Break

If only it was about getting the tan and relaxing.

7
https://unsplash.com/photos/dCVyYcCZ6A4

Spending summer as a college student can be a blast but at the same time, you might not know what you will do with yourself. I have not had this feeling with summer before until this summer and it is driving me crazy. Once school ended, I felt like I was still missing an assignment. I felt like there was more I could be doing.

I listened to the Gals on the Go Podcast today, which is hosted by Youtubers, Brooke Miccio and Danielle Carolan. Brooke is a new college grad and Danielle just finished her sophomore year. They go into detail about different ways to be productive during the summer and how the best way to get the most of your day. These tips are what they talked about and also what I think you can do to spend your summer.

Wake up earlier

Although you are no longer in class or on campus it is essential to keep up with waking up earlier. Don't let the urge to want to sleep in get in the way of enjoying a full day to yourself. Getting up around 9 or 10 a.m. will make you feel like you have the day to do whatever you please and be productive.

Get on that grind, don’t let it stop now that school is over

Unsplash

With school out, you feel like you don't have anything to do and while you don't have exams and tests, you can get a summer job for the summer to make that extra cash. I have an internship and a job, so I definitely stay busy, but I also will make time for me to rejuvenate.

Spend more time outside

Don't stay in bed all day watching Netflix, get outside enjoy the summer weather because it is not here forever. In the fall, you'll be wishing it was summer again.

Get together with family

Unsplash

It is easy to want to be on your own for the summer and just have your time, but while you are in class you hardly see them and wish you could spend more time with them. The summer is the best opportunity to do so, don't take it for granted.

Keep a routine

Wanting to not follow a routine can be so easy because you feel like you don't need to, but you should still keep up with one in order to stay productive. It can be just going to a coffee shop to refresh and check your emails. If you have a summer class, spend that time to work on it and keep the momentum going. Even planning to go to the gym four times a week can be a good routine.

Stay in touch with your friends

It is easy to put off plans with your friends because you feel like you have all summer, but before you know it, it will be over. Make time for your friends and just enjoy them; set a specific day to do something and make the best of it.

Plan a small trip

Unsplash

A trip doesn't have to be big or extravagant. Plan a trip with your friends to go to the next city or to go camping. It isn't about how much money you spend, but perhaps the memories you make with your close ones. Going to the lake can be so much fun, swimming, having good laughs, good company, even making smores? It is the best idea for a weekend getaway.

Basically, it is easy to get caught up with wanting a chill summer, but make the best of it and enjoy it the best you can.