Forget Hot Girl Summer, It's Love Yourself Summer Now

Let's learn to love ourselves as we are this summer.

9

Too many women feel like they can't be included in "hot girl summer" because they either aren't skinny enough or aren't in good enough shape to participate. Excluding and discrimination is something that should be fought against, and there is not a lot that we are doing to stop discrimination against women who are bigger than sizes 2-6. I have never fully felt comfortable with my body, and I know a lot of women who aren't.

One main reason is I think that is the case is because we feel pressured in society to be a certain size. This summer is about time we change that. Women all over social media have started posting photos of themselves where they don't necessarily feel their best but post it anyway because they love themselves and they appreciate their bodies. I was once told that we shouldn't scrutinize our bodies for what they look like because they are working hard for us and we should thank them for that.

Self-love doesn't mean that a person thinks themselves or their body is perfect. It means they see what they consider are their flaws and are OK with them and accept them. This is the summer where women all over the world should appreciate their bodies and shouldn't be shamed for their size, what their bodies look like, or what their bodies do. We need to accept our bodies for what it is.

Learn to fall in love with yourself and you will be so much happier. Look at yourself and your body through someone else's eyes and realize how beautiful your body is no matter what size it is or what it looks like. Do positive affirmations every morning and remind your brain that you are beautiful. Thank your body for all it does for you, because it is the reason you are still here today.

You should never change who you are and what you are doing because of someone else or something someone says. You are perfectly imperfect. Embrace all your flaws, your characteristics, and love every part of yourself, because you deserve it. You deserve to be happy and healthy and full of sunshine.

Wake up every morning and remind yourself that you are beautiful. Post the pictures you want to post, wear what you want to wear, don't pay attention to if people look at you or what people say about you because let's be realistic, they are going to forget they even saw you in 10 minutes. Do what feeds your soul and what makes you happy. Let's learn to love ourselves and our bodies this summer.