10 Things I'm Doing Instead Of Studying For Finals

Who is to say that reading isn't as important as writing an essay?

109
Jacqueline Artz

It's officially May, which means it's officially finals, which means all the project deadlines that have slowly been creeping up on me are here and I actually have to pay attention to them.

Which I am, of course, not doing.

Instead, I am doing one of these...

1. Starting "Being Erica"

Wow, this Canadian show on Hulu is my new obsession. Way better than writing a paper on Ecofeminism.

2. Baking Cake

Because now that it's 90 degrees outside there is nothing I want more than to turn on my oven.

3. Working at my internship

And you thought this would be a list of only non-productive things. Nope, I am a great intern. So great that I'll take on extra responsibilities to avoid my classwork.

4. Hanging out with friends

It's finally nice outside! Of course I'm going to the park.

5. Making lists

I am not so delusional so as to forget that I have a lot to do. I am simply writing, organizing, and rewriting my daily to-do lists.

6. Walking dogs

I need money, man, and who is to say that my wallet isn't just as important as my GPA. Isn't that why I'm in school?

7. Watching movies

Ummm if you haven't seen "Black Panther," "A Quiet Place," or "The Avengers" yet then you are the one who is spending your time wrong.

8. Reading

Reading has been on my to-do list for months now, and I can actually do it! I mean, bad timing, but I'm doing it.

9. Applying to summer internships

My cover letters do deserve to be obsessed over for hours

10. Missing deadlines

Probably the most important of the 10 things I am doing instead of writing my paper, but it's fine. So fine. I'm fine, really.

Whether you're on top of your game or struggling like myself, take solace in the fact that it's almost summer. Let it be a beacon that guides you away from the books and towards the hope that you will do better next year (you won't).