Why Students Need Coffee

Why Students Need Coffee

Administration should not strip away our rights to drink caffeine.

27
Why Students Need Coffee
Sun Sentinel

New school year, new administration, and new rules? This year River Hill has been stricter about their rules much to many students displeasure. The big one, coffee. Students need coffee as much as adults do.

We both wake up at the same, we get to school around the same time, we are all tired. However, teachers get the privilege to drink coffee, tea, and etc while us students are condemned to only water.

These are the reasons us students need coffee.

1. We do not get the necessary hours of sleep each day. Yes, there are certain individuals who complete their homework and are in bed by eight pm. But, that is rare. Students who are involved in after school activities, sports, and then they have homework, getting more than six hours of sleep is a blessing.
  2. It’s coffee! That sweet taste of caffeine in the morning is enough to wake anyone up in the morning. No one wants to deal with a grumpy, tired sixteen-year-old at seven in the morning. The best way to do this is by giving them coffee.
  3. If we buy it, it should not be thrown away. Most of us students do not have jobs to satisfy our coffee needs, so when we get to splurge the last $5 on that Venti Mocha Caramel Macchiato we better be allowed to drink it all and savor the moment.
  4. Lastly, teachers are allowed to drink coffee in the morning. We are both humans, they are not any different than us. It should be equal between who gets coffee and who does not. It sure seems hypocritical for an adult to make us throw away are much earned coffee as they sip on theirs casually.

Yes, they say coffee stunts your growth, or we can be putting substances in it that are not for school. However, it is just coffee. We drink it for that boost in the day so we can smile a bit wider, and laugh a bit louder. And if I am a little shorter because of it, then so be it.

You can take away my phone, but you cannot take away my coffee.