I Strive To Travel The World

I Strive To Travel The World

There are too many sights out there to stay in one place.

79

Our world is so vast and so beautiful. I cannot imagine staying in one place my entire life. I have been fortunate enough to have traveled to other countries and states in my life, but I want to see more and more.

I've always dreamed of traveling overseas to Europe. London, Barcelona, Dublin, France, and Rome are just some of the cities I yearn to explore one day. I wish I could just take off and visit these places, but doing this requires a lot of money and time off of work and/or school.

Every place I have visited up to this point has left me awestruck for one reason or another. When I arrived in NYC I gazed up at the mountainous buildings that surrounded me. I could not believe that a structure could go that high and seem like it was touching the sky. The culture in that city was vibrant and busy, something I was not used to at all in Florida.

Washington D.C. left me feeling tiny and insignificant, yet very important and empowered. Standing in the places where historical figures stood made me feel overwhelmed and it made me want to make a difference for our country one day. Visiting the Supreme Court building and reading the quotes from the female lawyers and justices made me feel empowered and ready to take on anything.

Cuba made me appreciate every single thing I have or have the possibility of ever getting in the United States, whether that be a physical item or something you cannot see, like rights. Our country has a ton of issues that need to be fixed ASAP, but we have it better than a lot of places, and traveling to third world countries has allowed me to see this.

Every place I have gone to has changed me in a way. I have learned how to survive in each environment and have gained lessons that you cannot gain by reading or watching a video. Some things are only absorbed by going out and experiencing things firsthand. I pray that I will be fortunate enough to get to visit more and more places in the United States and in other countries all over the world. South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, and Australia are all still out there with numerous countries and cities that are waiting to be explored or be helped. I hope I have the chance to see them and to help out people living in them.