17 Free Stress Relief Ideas For The Broke College Student

Wrap yourself in a blanket burrito and you'll feel better.

236
123rf.com

1. Build A Fort

It's a creative outlet and will make any room super comfy!

2. Call Yo Mama

She always has the best ideas and is willing to hear about all the ups and downs of your life. She wants to hear from you and her voice will always make you feel better.

3. Impromptu Private Dance Party

Let it all out by bouncing around to your favorite tunes! I highly recommend some Charlene Kaye.

4. Go For A Walk

The fresh air will do you good, I promise.

5. Hug A Pup

They're soft and full of love, what more could you need? If you live in a college town, I'm sure one of your friends has just adopted!

6. Take A Really Good Nap

You know your mind and body will thank you once you give yourself the rest you deserve.

7. Wrap Yourself In A Blanket Burrito

You're as cozy as you'll ever be!

8. Jam To An Early 00's Playlist

Add in a little Cheetah Girls, Hillary Duff, & Hannah Montana!

9. Watch This Ted Talk

Brene Brown's words of wisdom always brings me a sense of calm!

10. Ask Someone About Their Day

This will help the both of you release stress and you get to better a friendship as well.

11. Turn Off Anything With A Battery

A few hours without a bombardment of news and drama can do the soul some real good.

12. Journal

Write it all out, my friend!

13. Change Your Environment

After a few hours in the same study room of the library, I'm in desperate need of a change in scene. Even just changing seats can help clear your mind.

14. Find A Comedian You Love

Laughter is the best medicine. If you use Spotify, they have an entire browsing section for comedy full of great works! Some of my personal favorites include John Mulaney and Aziz Ansari.

15. Be Kind

You get back what you put out into the world, so make sure that you are treating everyone well. You don't know how much of an impact you can have in a stranger's life.

16. Say No and Spend Time Alone

It's totally okay to not be 'on' all the time. If you need it (or even just want it honestly), take a night off and simple rest alone.

17. Express Gratitude

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.