Stop Panic Buying Toilet Paper, Other People Need It To.

Panic buying toilet paper is not going to help you with the Coronavirus, So Stop.

28
Alexas_Fotos

Ever since the Coronavirus or (Covid-19) which is the foreign virus that spread to the US from China, people have been losing their minds. It's one thing to stock up on certain things like hand soap and a few bottles of hand sanitizer. But when you are buying 10-20 packages of 24-36 count of toilet paper, all the 70-90% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol and Aloe Vera to make your own hand sanitizer you have now gone a little far.

I went to my local Walmart yesterday to get toilet paper because I have a family of 5 and it's needed; that whole aisle was empty. There was no toilet paper or paper towels, all the hand sanitizer was gone, as well as the rubbing alcohol and aloe. But they were stocked on liquid and bar hand soap which made no sense to me.

The CDC already said all you can do is wash your hands for 20 seconds, use hand sanitizer when not near soap and water, stay home when you're sick, and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when you sneeze or cough; it's not hard.

It's like people are just realizing that they need to wash their hands. I see so many Youtube videos on how to properly wash your hands. How do you need a tutorial on handwashing?

images.unsplash.com

According to Paul Marsden, a consumer psychologist at the University of the Arts London, people tend to "Panic Buy" to manage their emotions. I understand that - but why toilet paper?

These people are panic buying. Whenever something like this happens, people react sometimes in a crazy erratic way such as this. When I went to BJ's today to see if they had any, they had put a cap on the toilet paper: 2 per member. I was able to get one package. Walmart and Target were also putting caps on certain products.

I understand that you want to have a stockpile of maybe some canned food and other non-perishable foods.

People are using more hand sanitizer than hand soap, which makes no sense. Just wash your hands - don't be lazy.

I just find it ridiculous that people are acting like this. They are getting into fights like it's BlackFriday, but instead of fighting over the last 75" TV, they are fighting over toilet paper. Sometimes I just want to walk up to people and tell them to stop acting like they are 2.

People just need to do what the CDC is telling them - stop panicking because it's not going to help you.

11165576