Stop Leaving Your Trash on the Beach

Stop Leaving Your Garbage on the Beach

"Keep our beaches beautiful"

72
Stop Leaving Your Garbage on the Beach

It's the summer again! Yay! That means no school for those that are still in school, catching up with our friends at home if we go away to school, drinking a lot more than we should, and vegging on only the best ice cream places.

I'm a frequent beachgoer. What I've noticed over the past couple of years is the amount of people that go to the beach on the weekends, especially the beach that I've called home my whole life. The people that come to my beach- yes I have claimed ownership to this technically public beach that is owned by the state- are most likely there for the day and therefore do not respect and love said beach as I do.

What I have also noticed is the little things they leave that mark where the area in which they have been sitting. These little things are not welcome and are most likely to end up in the ocean, or in a beach animal's mouth. These little things that I'm alluding to are things that are mostly called GARBAGE.

Now, I do not know what prompts them to leave their garbage where they sit, and when they leave they don't at all think about what they're leaving behind, and what the effects of their garbage will be. If I had to tell you why they were doing it, I think I would diagnose this issue as either laziness or just lack of morality and respect.

What is the cure for this you ask? Well, I like to think that Karma has that in her hands, but I also love to point out how they left a little something when they think they have everything to go back to their boat, on the ferry or whatever they do to get home from my beach.

Now, unless someone is telling these people specifically to leave garbage on my beach only and on every other beach they pick it up, there are a lot more people on a lot more beaches doing this, and from what I've noticed a lot of them are of college or high school age, maybe even a little older. What's the most aggravating is that most of these people are proclaiming how our earth is in danger and how we only have about 12 years left to live on the planet because of how much damage we've done to it. And you're leaving your plastic bottles and wrappers and sandwich bags on the beach? That seems a little hypocritical if you ask me. Actually, I think that is the epitome of hypocrisy and frankly I'm sick of it.

Stop leaving your trash on the beach and respect it like you would if it was your house and your mother would kill you if you damaged it or disrespected it in some way. Take part in saving the planet by picking up your trash, and if you see anyone else's trash on the beach, you might as well pick it up too.

Keep our beaches beautiful!!