Stevie Nicks Is The 'Sorcerer' Of Rock A​nd Roll

Stevie Nicks Is The 'Sorcerer' Of Rock And Roll

Five reasons why Stevie Nicks is one of Rock's kickass women.

8262

Stevie Nicks is one of my favorite musicians of all time—from her days with Fleetwood Mac (my favorite band of all time), to her outstanding solo career, Nicks has proved that she has immense staying power. Last weekend, she became the first woman to ever be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice! On the heels of her induction, I'd love to point out five reasons why she's still such a kickass musician/a badass woman in general.

1. The Most Obvious Reason--Her Insanely Amazing Songwriting Style

Nicks is one of those rare genius songwriters that come around once in a blue moon. Her hits with Fleetwood Mac include "Dreams," "Gold Dust Woman," and my personal favorite, "Rhiannon" show her astounding roots, and thus, her killer lyrical style. Her solo hits like "Edge of Seventeen," and "Sorcerer" show off her musical prowess as well.

2. Her Duet with Tom Petty

If you've read my playlist article, then you'd know my adoration for Petty. But, if you haven't, suffice it to say that I consider him to be a staple in American Rock music. The fact that Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty shared the iconic duet of "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," and their subsequent romance, solidifies Nicks' position as a kickass rocker. The duet is absolutely amazing, and I'd highly suggest listening to it if you haven't.

3. Her Iconic Style

The whole "Boho-Chic," "Coachella" fashion style became iconic in the '70s when Nicks pretty much started the trend. Her flowy dresses, iconic capes, and overall "boho-chic" vibe started this trend. (And it's still widely popular today, by the way.)

4. Her Incredible Staying Power in Popular Culture

The fact that Nicks still performs today, and puts on a hell of a show is as kickass as she is. I got the amazing opportunity to see her live in Spring of 2016 and I was completely enthralled the entire time. This woman still knows how to "Rock a Little."

5. Her Cameo in "American Horror Story" (this goes along with #4)

Unless you've been completely checked out from modern television, you couldn't have missed her appearance in the hit show "American Horror Story: Coven." Nicks makes an appearance as herself, and she's intertwined into the witchy storyline. Creepy? Yes. Incredibly cool? Also yes.

There are so many other reasons why Stevie Nicks is incredibly amazing, but these are just my top five. After reading this article, I'd hope you would go check out some of her work!