Thank You For These 37 'Spongebob SquarePants' Moments

R.I.P. Stephen Hillenburg, Thank You For These 37 Legendary 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Moments

Bikini Bottom is a place that feels like home, and that's all because of you.

56

The legendary creator of "SpongeBob SquarePants" has passed away, and television will never be the same again. Stephen Hillenburg wasn't just responsible for creating the world of Bikini Bottom; he worked on other Nickelodeon shows as well, such as "Rocko's Modern Life." He singlehandedly enhanced the Nickelodeon network and made impactful contributions to television.

Hillenburg announced last March that he was diagnosed with ALS, which is a nervous system disease that weakens muscle and makes physical functionality difficult. It's so heartbreaking to see this legendary man go, but what he's left behind is something so special.

SpongeBob's unique sense of humor, values of loyalty and friendship, and incredible imagination were what made the show so noteworthy. Turning on the television and getting lost in the world of Bikini Bottom allowed viewers to get away from the real world and just have a laugh. His iconic creation of a world under the sea will always be a crucial part of any kid's childhood.

It is so sad to hear about his passing, but what better way to celebrate his life and accomplishments than with some of the best "SpongeBob SquarePants" moments of all time? We thank you, Mr. Hillenburg, for giving all of us a world of love, laughter, and friendship.

1. When SpongeBob sold Pretty Patties.

2. Plankton and SpongeBob's F.U.N. song.

U is for uranium bomb.

3. When Patrick and SpongeBob visited Rock Bottom.

4. When SpongeBob ripped his pants.

"No girl ever wants to dance with a fool who went and ripped his pants."

5. The "Sweet Victory" performance episode.

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

6. When SpongeBob and Patrick woke Sandy up from hibernation.

"No, I'm Dirty Dan!"

7. The Lost Episode.

8. The Hash-Slinging Slasher.

"Taking out the trash...at night."

9. SpongeBob and the gang go on land.

10. The cavemen episode.

SpongeGar and Patar make fire!

11. Krusty Krab Pizza.

...is the pizza for you and me!

12. SpongeBob's Best Day Ever.

"Mr. Sun came up and he smiled at me!"

13. SpongeBob and Patrick make chocolate sales.

14. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen.

HE WAS NUMBER ONE!

15. Eels & Escalators.

Come on, Gary needs a new pair of shoes!

16. SpongeBob and Patrick's Snowball Fight.

Who knew that it snowed under the sea?

17. Staying indoors with Penny, Napkin, and Chip.

18. The Camping Episode and the Campfire Song Song.

Remember not to wear your sombrero in a goofy fashion. It will attract a sea bear.

19. When SpongeBob ate a "bomb pie."

20. Doodlebob.

I can still hear the "Mi Hoy Minoys" in my head.

21. Squidward moves to Tentacle Acres.

22. Weenie Hut Jr's.

Double weenie Wednesday has been moved to Friday.

23. Krusty Krab Training Video.

24. The Fry Cook Games.

To bring home the gold is to bring honor and glory to the Krusty Krab.

25. Playing with hooks.

26. Patrick Goes to School.

"Hey, Patrick. i thought of something funnier than 24. 25!"

27. Patrick and Spongebob Take Care of a Clam.

28. Wet Paint.

That moment when SpongeBob and Patrick get paint on Mr. Krabs' first dollar.

29. The Flying Dutchman's Ship.

30. Jellyfish Jam.

A straight BOP.

31. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.

32. The Idiot Box.

IMAGINATION.

33. Spongebob visits his friend's dreams.

34. The Magic Conch.

"Can I have something to eat?"

"No."

35. Bubble Buddy.

36. SpongeBob Learns to Tie his Shoes.

How can you not think of that song every time you tie your own shoes?

37. Mystery the Seahorse.

Weee-snaw!

Rest in peace, Mr. Hillenburg. You will be greatly missed.