5 Positive Thoughts About Winter Weather In Spring

Trying to make winter weather in April sound like a good thing.

244

March 21st comes and it’s supposed to be spring right? That’s what one would hope, however, the reality is much more dreary. It is now mid- April and there are still snow icons showing up on my weather app. Depressing.

It's final stretch of the spring semester, teachers are talking about finals, these are supposed to be our last few sunny weeks when we can finally sit on the quad with friends again and soak up the rays. Upstate New York has different plans though and they’re really getting in the way of enjoying a true spring.

Here are a few positive ways to spin around the dreary situation:

1. At least the snow isn't sticking!

Yes, it’s April 17th and there are flurries falling from the sky, but at least the ground is remaining clear and there will be no more snow piles to worry about! This also means that the ground is too warm for the snow to stick, so it’s above freezing!

2. The rain is making everything greener!

It has been a long winter and although the campus is no longer covered in snow, the grayness still remains. Every time it rains though, the dead grass comes to life a little and little buds start sprouting.

3. The temperatures are above freezing!

Yes it is gray every day and sometimes it snows, but most days the temperature hits at least 40 degrees, which is more than you can say for winter. Although it still feels cold, most days it isn’t necessary to bring out the real winter jacket.

4. Bulbs are springing up around campus!

Somehow the plant bulbs have defied the winter weather and stuck to their usual timeline.As you walk around the campus you can see little green plants sticking their heads up showing they are ready to bloom soon and help create a springy vibe.

5. The weather isn’t distracting you from schoolwork!

We all know that once the sun starts to shine and the temperatures rise, focusing on class can become more difficult. It is easy to be tempted to do things taking advantage of the nice weather as opposed to going to class or doing mandatory work.

This holds off on spring is keeping students focused for a couple extra weeks.

Although it is very discouraging in April to still have to be dealing with winter weather conditions, it is important to maintain a positive attitude. Despite what the weather shows, it is indeed spring and it’s important to have a spring attitude even when it doesn’t feel like it!