4 Chicago Art Events That You Need To Check Out, Stat

Don't miss out on one of the best parts of Chicago!

71
Rubberneck Gallery

To become a successful artist, one must become a part of the community and culture. Just as much as art-making makes an artist, so does participating in the community by attending openings and exhibitions at museums, galleries, and cultural spaces. This is relevant not only for networking purposes but also for cross-referencing your own position and place at this particular moment in time.

This can be advantageous for both the artist and the curator, who may gather exhibition ideas, installation hacks, methods and techniques in addition to catalog ideas to present the work in documentation and text.

Community participation also allows for collaboration with artists, art spaces, and culturally relevant non-profits. Attending such events with business card-in-hand and a soft proposal can lead to potential collaborations.

Stay in-tune with Chicago Art Events through:

1. Chicago Gallery News

Chicago Gallery News (CGN) is a site, newsletter and magazine, each an excellent source for staying in the loop when it comes to Chicago gallery openings, artist talks, and special events.

2. The Visualist

The Visualist is Chicago's very own visual art calendar, marking each week's biggest events and openings so you don't have to!

3. not diy chi

not diy chi is an organizational tool for the DIY scene in Chicago where artists and bands post DIY events.

4. Chicago Artists Resource

An artist-curated directory of professional resources, job postings, and calls for artists. Chicago Artists Resource (CAR) is the perfect place to find grants, fellowships, art-related jobs and exhibition opportunities. And using it is totally free!