Pay Attention to Those You Love Not Your Phone

Your cell phone is a tool that can be put down not your partner in life.

1

Electronics are a great thing to have in our modern world, but there are pros and cons to them. We have information at our fingertips, so we don't have to go to the library and look them up. We no longer really need to know how to write because things are becoming digital. Our way of life is starting to depend on technology and that is a scary thought. Social media is another scary animal because of our addiction to the world around us. Imagine taking a technology detox, would you be able to do it? Would you be able to do it so you could pay attention to those you care about?

Did you know more couples experience problems because the other or both are on their phones? Being on your phone constantly can take away valuable social time for people. I can attest to this because I have a partner that is obsessed with his phone. When we eat I have to remind him to put the phone down so he isn't on social media all of the time. The need to be on the phone can have underlying issues in mental health. Social media is an escape from reality and it's not healthy when overdoing it. I will admit that I love social media because it connects me to my family and friends that I could potentially lose touch with as life gets crazier and crazier.

I have a close friend that is constantly on her phone doing random things. I'm sure this is a pet peeve to everyone, but when you are trying to talk to someone and they're on their phone, wouldn't you want their attention? I may be old fashioned but I enjoy genuine conversations. Being able to talk to people face to face is something that can be enjoyable. Sitting at the dinner table talking among your friends is something that can fill a heart with joy. Being on social media or phone can put negativity in the air because of awareness. I am not saying that being aware is a bad thing, but it can cause an uprise of anxiety and depression in the population. When they say "ignorance is bliss", they really mean it.

Imagine seeing all of the negativity of the world on every piece of technology that we own. It is a scary thought right? It's what we see every day. I see it in my husband when he reads articles about the transgender community and my best friend when she sees immigrants being separated from their families. The internet is not all sunshine and unicorns but harsh cold reality. It's something that is increasing the percentage of negative mental health and possibly could be effecting the divorce rates among couples. When you aren't getting the attention you deserve from someone you love, why would you stay? If they aren't going to listen, will you fight for your right to talk to them or will you leave?