Starbucks Is Already Celebrating Christmas And I Am LIVING

It's never too early for a Peppermint Mocha, tbh.

50

Mere hours after Halloween ended, Starbucks was already getting ahead of the game by rolling out their holiday-themed decor, and more importantly, brewing up the first drinks of the winter season. And I couldn't be more ready.

I don't know about you, but Halloween just isn't my thing. I like dressing up in costume and all, but I just don't enjoy what others call "spooky season."

Now Christmas, that's a whole different story. I'm one of those people who will start playing Christmas music and decorating before the temperature drops below 50. And I'm not even sorry.

There's something different about Christmas that just isn't there throughout the rest of the year. A sense of hope, unity, and rising spirits, and it's a feeling I am anxious to feel at this point in the year.

So I was beside myself when I walked by Starbucks on November 1st and saw all the red decorations and smelled the peppermint in the air. Some people may have been appalled, because "It's only November 1st! Halloween was less than 24 hours ago!" but to be honest, I don't care. Not everyone is totally into Halloween, and prefer to get a head start on the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.

Which brings me to another point - it is perfectly fine to start celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving. My logic is, as long as you can take the time to appreciate Thanksgiving when it happens, it is acceptable to begin the Christmas season after Halloween.

While I may have been wearing cropped jeans and a t-shirt in the 60-degree weather on November 1st when I walked into Starbucks, I didn't care. The pure thought that it is finally the holiday season was enough to make my day, as I wrapped my hands around the red holiday cup filled with peppermint mocha. I'm so ready.