I'm Spring Breaking At Home And Honestly, I Couldn't Be Happier

I'm Spring Breaking At Home And Honestly, I Couldn't Be Happier

After a relaxing week of home cooked meals and catching up with friends and family, there are so many reasons why I can't imagine being anywhere else.

39

Scrolling through Instagram, all I see are friends living it up in warm places for spring break. While I sit here in rainy Jersey writing this, there's a little bit of initial FOMO, of course. But after a relaxing week of home cooked meals and catching up with friends and family, there are so many reasons why I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Planning a trip can be stressful

Where to stay, what to do, and then having to coordinate it between your friends. There's a lot that goes into vacationing for spring break.

Packing!

You're already cramming for your last midterms, and now you have to worry about packing for your trip. Not only that, you have to make sure you have everything you need already with you at your dorm, and then make sure you pack it as well.

Spending time with family

My little brother has had school and practice all week, but one of the best parts of my week has been having him come home to a meal I prepared. There's nothing like family dinner and spending time all together after.

Hanging with home friends

While not everyone's breaks align, it's still great to reunite with high school friends. I've had time to see people who I haven't seen in months and go to our favorite spots.

Most important of all... sleep

I don't know about you, but I felt majorly behind on rest. I'm not even one to sleep in all day, but this break has given me some much-needed downtime. Spring break trips are tiring, and I can't even imagine being there for a week and coming straight back to my routine on campus. Maybe next year I'll be spending this week somewhere warm, but right now I'm very happy where I am.