5 Ways To Spice Up Any Fall-To-Winter Wardrobe

If you’re looking for some tips and tricks to spice up your wardrobe this season, you’ve come to the right place.

83

In New Jersey, fall is in full swing. It wasn’t too long ago that I was wearing rompers and skirts to combat the ongoing 70-degree weather in October. With November rolling in, however, the temperature has dropped and coats and scarf season has commenced. If you’re looking for some tips and tricks to spice up your wardrobe this season, you’ve come to the right place.

Incorporate different textures

Not only can different textures keep you warmer, but they can also add a little something to your outfit that could really change a look up. For the fall, perhaps try going for something a little edgier like leather skirts and jackets to pair with just about any neutral colors. If edgy just isn’t your vibe, remember that you can always bring it down a notch by adding a playful cotton scarf to give your outfit some dimension.

Get a bear coat!

This season's biggest trend is, by, far bear coats. I have been seeing them everywhere and I didn’t quite get the hype until I got my hands on one. I bought my first one and it was honestly the best decision I could’ve made for myself (I promise you, I have no regrets). Not only do they manage to keep you extremely warm, but for someone who’s always on the go like myself, it serves as an extra blanket for whenever life calls for one. If you need any more of a reason, if you buy one of a neutral color, it will go with just about anything. Trust me — I can wear mine on the laziest of days or on days I like to dress up. I know that it’ll keep me warm while staying trendy.

Layers, layers, layers

You’ll hear it every season — layers. Layers are part of the reason people like me love the colder months. It allows room for diversity and change in my outfit throughout the day. It also keeps me warm when I’m walking to class, but still allows me to cool off in places where the heat is cranked up a little too high. My personal favorite this season has been vests. I find that they can add some pizzazz to what would’ve been a boring outfit and allow me to change my look if I need to.

Don’t get rid of the shades just yet

I know this can sound like a bit of an odd tip for when the weather's cooling down, but nothing makes or breaks my look like a good old pair of sunglasses. After all, just because it's cold out doesn’t mean the sun goes away. I still find myself squinting as a drive and will take this as an excuse to continue to wear my sunglasses. Additionally, they are extremely versatile and come in a number of colors and styles to compliment any outfit you may be sporting. You don’t have to break the bank with this one. Whether they’re Ray-Bans or 5 dollar lenses, they will both get the job done, while serving as a staple accessory.

Hats galore

You’d be surprised how many people will find themselves complimenting your keen sense of fashion with one of these. While baseball hats are great for any bad hair day, in this case, I’m suggesting something more like a big floppy hat. Truly, for those of us who are lazy but still like to look like we haven’t lost our fashion touch, floppy hats are the way to go. Whether this with a knit dress, or some jeans and booties, you can be sure you’ll turn some heads.