Speak To Lift Others Up

Speak To Lift Others Up

Be the light in this too often dim world

120
Speak To Lift Others Up
https://unsplash.com/search/photos/hugging

Do you ever feel negative after being around certain people? This is probably because these people are feeding off of the negativity they speak.

They usually are the ones who gossip about other people and cannot bring light in a dim world. Most of us probably struggle with this especially when we're going through trials. I have to admit that I am not perfect either, but as I am maturing, I'm realizing it's just not worth it.

Negativity can change the atmosphere in a split second, and I'm sure none of us want to be that person who brings it. Thankfully, the Bible equips us with the wisdom of healthy communication habits.

Ephesians 4:29 states, "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace unto the hearers."

This scripture is referring to how we should do our best to not say things that will intentionally tear others down. We can easily do this towards people we have hard feelings towards, but it only makes you feel worse. Do your best to think positively towards everyone. Look for the best in others.

The previous verse also brings me to Ephesians 4:31, "Let all bitterness and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice." Sometimes we focus all of our attention on the negative and we block out the positive. This verse is saying we should put it away.

The next time you start to feel yourself thinking negative, immediately turn your focus to something you are thankful for. Focus on being in the moment and completely block out what may have happened in the past or what is going to happen in the future. I know this has helped me in many ways.

Finally, the last verse I would like to point out in healthy communication habits is from Ephesians 4:32, "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you." When someone has wronged you, it is easy to hold a grudge against them, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to forgive them.

This will automatically help release the anger and ultimately help you feel positive. So, the next time you may have to talk about a person who has wronged you, do your best to find a way to say something positive about them and you'll find that you are better off that way.

Of the many verses filled with wisdom in the bible, these are just a few verses that I thought were good examples of why we should create healthy communication habits. I challenge you to speak positivity in your life and to those around you. Do your best to give someone a compliment today. Show the love of Jesus by loving those you are surrounded by.