A Tutorial For Sorting People Into The Appropriate Hogwarts House

You're basically the Sorting Hat.

2808
Andrea Kleckner

"Harry Potter" is a phenomenon that knows no bounds. Potterheads everywhere obsess over every aspect of the fictional universe. One of the ways true fans express their love for the Boy Who Lived and the Wizarding World, is by sorting themselves into the four Houses of Hogwarts, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and Slytherin. There are quizzes online to sort you and you can find articles about characters from popular TV shows being sorted into the different houses.

So in the modern day, how can you tell if you or someone else is in a certain Hogwarts house? These are just a few qualities that can help you spot a Ravenclaw from a Slytherin.

Ravenclaw

1. Knows a lot of random facts.

2. Hasn’t completed that paper due tomorrow but completed a different paper months before the due date. Honestly, Ravenclaws will spend so much time researching what they love and avoid everything they don’t until the last minute.

3. Watches too much Netflix.

4. Either a mess or super organized, there is no in between.

5. Aesthetic Instagram
6. Has so many books and will buy more

Their bookshelves are usually ever growing and most of the books will never be read.

Hufflepuff

1. Tries really really hard.
2. Naps are their favorite hobbies. Anyone that takes a power nap and believes in the power of one is a Hufflepuff.

3. Quiet but friendly and pretty chill
4. Snacking always – always has food. So many snacks. But remember at Hogwarts the house is located near the kitchens so Hufflepuffs feel connected more when they snack.

5. Always dehydrated
6. All homework is done early

This is not all Hufflepuffs but as the house is known for hardworkers, homework is always at least completed in time for the due date.

Gryffindor

1. Always busy with 18 million things
2. Colorful notes

Those people who have very pretty and organized class notes and study guides.

3. Probably is athletic
4. Loves doing random things

Want to go for a drive one random night to Target?

5. Hot headed
6. Loves to be social

With so many friends and probably involved in a few clubs, parties and social events are where you might find a Gryffindor at their happiest.

Slytherin

1. Sarcastic
2. Secretly love challenges but actually this is not really a secret

You don’t think they should do that thing? They will do the thing.

3. Coffee, coffee, and coffee
4. So much swearing

Do not let them near little kids.

5. Loves arguments and will argue until they win
6. Has a plan and is actually put together

Those ambitious people with their life figured out.