Sorority Life According To Parks and Rec

But, like, what do you even do in a sorority, anyway?

23
Readunwritten.com

The question I get asked the most when I go back home, or from friends or family, is what the heck I actually do in a sorority, anyway. And I find it nearly impossible to give them an answer that satisfies them and accurately depicts what life in a sorority is like. So, here's a little taste of the events sorority girls could go to or do in a month's span, as told by Parks and Rec. Hope it enlightens you.

1. Chapter

Chapter happens once a week, and it goes over all the events going on in your chapter and other Greek organizations that week. It is supposed to keep you up to date, but a lot of times it just seems like this.

Chapter never gets this bad, but if you're on any special committees or groups, meetings can easily devolve into this.

2. Philanthropy events

3. Other chapter's philanthropy events

All the good events have involve food, meaning this is a common sight.

4. Intramural Games

Just, overall...

But then, when you play that team that wins everything and you get creamed.

5. Dance practice for Homecoming and/or other Greek competitions.

It's fun for the first few minutes, but then suddenly they actually expect you to dance and you start thinking about maybe just holding a prop this year.

6. Standards

Agh. When you get read the bylaws (again) and get called out for your social media.

But then there are the times when you get closer with your chapter and sisters when talking about a really important and relevant issue, which leads to this.

7. Sisterhood Events

You show up like this.

And everyone else is just like this.

But, midway though, you're like this.

8. Alumni Events

It's a great chance to network and meet sisters anywhere from a few years to a few decades older than you. It's amazing to see the things they have accomplished. They are also cool as heck.

But then you realize this is going to be you in a few years and that college is will be over soon.

9. Rituals

Once you finally learn all of your sorority's history and secrets.

10. Socials/Date Functions

These are why you see all those girls, all over campus, in the most ridiculous outfits imaginable. You gotta dress to the theme!

And sometimes, depending on the fraternity chapter you're having a social with, you, or one of your sisters, just don't want to talk to any of the boys. Which means you that you are either one of these people.

11. Formal

Ah. The event. It's just an excuse for us to squeeze into our prom dresses again, take nice photos, and dance. If you're 21 (*wink wink*), it turns into this.

... Or this.

But mostly, it's just this.

#PartyTime.