That's A wrap!

That's A wrap!

Sophomore Year Is Officially In The Books!

291
That's A wrap!
Karen Mallonee

Sophomore year has officially come to a close. While this year was tough, it has definitely taught me a lot. A lot about myself, those surrounding me, and life in general.

1. Don't give up.

This year consisted of injuries and sickness, some that I am still dealing with. I had to miss a lot of class time and there were some points that I didn't want to continue with school, I wanted to give up. But I didn't. In the face of defeat, you can still rise up and finish the challenge.

2. Distance means nothing, when someone means so much.

This lesson goes for my relationship. Having a boyfriend who is in the military is not exactly the easiest thing, but the love I have for him makes it so worth it. Yes, this year I have not seen him and maybe not even talk to him as much as I want to, but again he makes it worth it. He means the world to me and supports me in anything and everything I do. He gives me the confidence to continue and assures me that no matter what everything will be ok. The times I do get to be with him are truly worth the wait. Thank you for everything you've done for me these past two semesters. From always letting me vent, to making sure I am ok, and always putting a smile on my face the love I have for you will never fade. It will only continue to grow. I love you Stephen always and forever.

3. True friends will always be there.

This semester there was a lot of stress, a lot of craziness, and a lot of truth. There was a lot of stressful events surrounding this semester. It opened up my eyes to show who my true friends really were. Covir, Morgan, Krystal, and Jennah, thank you guys for always listening to my crazy rants. I know I get stressed a lot, but it's good to know that I have you guys there to support me with whatever I need. They say you meet some of your best friends in college and I am so glad to call you guys my best friends. Thank you for always being there and giving me advice! Can't wait to see what next year brings for us!

4. Take the risk, it's worth it.

Taking risks are always scary, but whatever the outcome may be it is always beneficial. Taking a risk can always turn into something good. You can either have a good outcome and gain an opportunity, or have a bad outcome but learn a valuable lesson. This semester I took a lot of risks, ones I wouldn't normally take. I applied for a job on campus and received the position and I am already loving it. I have gained a voice and have made sure that it is heard. I speak my mind on any topic and have no problem doing it. In the end the risk or the lesson will always be worth it.

While this semester has been one of the tougher and more stressful ones, I can truly say I am grateful to have come out on top. I'm excited to see what new challenges next semester will bring and what the rest of my career at Stevenson holds as well!