40 Songs That Got Me Through My First College Semester

When in doubt, turn the music up.

396
Tumblr

Over the course of my first semester in college, I've listened to many different types of music. Whether it's a song to randomly dance around the dorm room to or a feels song, I've listened to it all. It's easy to find a playlist to satisfy your every mood. Here are all the songs (broken down by category) that got me through first semester:

Best Songs to Listen to While Doing Homework/Studying:

Personally, I can't do homework or study without listening to music. Here are some of the songs that keep me focused while I'm in the library or in my room doing work:

1. "Location" by Kahlid (or any song by Kahlid if we're being honest.)

2. "Play That Song" by Train

3. "All My Friends" by Snakeships, Tinashe, and Chance the Rapper

4. "New York" by Ed Sheeran (or any chill, not too emotional song by Ed Sheeran.)

5. "Help Me Out" by Maroon 5 and Julia Michaels

6. "Stolen Dance" by Milky Chance

7. "Lights Down Low" by MAX and gnash

8. "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber

9. "All I Want" by Kodaline

10. "Mess Is Mine" by Vance Joy

Best Songs to Dance to When Nobody's Watching:

There have been so many times throughout the semester where my roommate and I would sing and dance to our favorite songs around our room. These songs are the best songs to dance to when you're with your person:

1. "Say Hi" by Codeko and Austin Mahone (or any song with/by Austin Mahone is a favorite of mine and my roommates.)

2. "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne

3. "I Wanna Know You" by Hannah Montana and David Archuleta

4. "Rolex" by Ayo & Teo

5. "Lolly" by Maejor Ali, Justin Bieber and Juicy J

6. "No Problem" by Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne, and 2 Chainz (or any song by Chance the Rapper for that matter.)

7. "Despacito- Remix" by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Justin Bieber

8. "All Night Longer" by Sammy Adams

9. "Magnolia" by Playboi Carti

10. "Caroline" by Aminé

Best Party Songs

Whenever you go out, it feels like the same songs are played every time at every party. Whether or not there's a remix, here are the most popular (and some of the best) party songs as of right now:

1. "Rake It Up" by Yo Gotti and Nicki Minaj

2. "Gucci Gang" by Lil Pump

3. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers

4. "Dreaming - The Chainsmokers Remix" by Smallpools and The Chainsmokers

5. "Pursuit Of Happiness - [Extended Steve Aoki Remix (Explicit)] by Kid Cudi, MGMT, and Ratatat

6. "Bodak Yellow" by Cardi B

7. "Bad and Boujee" by Migos and Lil Uzi Vert

8. "goosebumps" by Travis Scott

9. "Gold Digger" by Kanye West and Jamie Foxx

10. "T-Shirt" by Migos

Best Feels Songs

Whether you need a good cry, are thinking about that special someone, or in need of a song to sing at the top of your lungs, these are the feels songs that I had on repeat this semester:

1. "I'm Already There" by Lonestar

2. "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts

3. "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran (or any Ed Sheeran feels song.)

4. "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson

5. "Kid In Love" by Shawn Mendes

6. "In Case You Didn't Know" by Brett Young

7. "The Rest of Our Life" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

8. "Never Say Never" by the Fray

9. "The Story Never Ends - Piano Version by Lauv

10. "Do I" by Luke Bryan