10 Songs That Should Be Played WAY More

10 Songs That Should Be Played WAY More

All my favorite songs.
147

This was a terribly hard article to write, simply because music is so influential and each song means different things to us at different points in our lives. But, we can all recognize that some songs leave us feeling changed, songs that we carry in our hearts forever as we move along in our lives. Some of these songs have pushed me through times I thought I would never get through, and others have changed my perspective on the world around me. Music is one of the most powerful driving forces in my life, and there is something about the way the lyrics capture the essence of how I'm feeling, that makes each one of these songs an indispensable part of my life. None of these songs are ranked in any particular order because each of them means something different to me. So here are 10 songs that should be heard more on the radio because of what they represent.

1. "Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey

The line "Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard" makes me feel like I can do anything in the world, and that's the impact Journey has on my heart.

2. "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

This song is an eternal masterpiece & there is nothing I could say that would do justice to it.

3. "Imagine" - John Lennon

John Lennon shows us a world we don't have. He was a pure genius and saw the world 30 years in the future. One of the most influential songs in the history of music, "Imagine" questions everything that divides us as people. "Imagine" tells us to shed every inch of our possessions and pushes us to keep dreaming. John Lennon was a powerful, revolutionary man, whose work is irreplaceable.

4. "Formation" - Beyonce

Beyonce taught me the real meaning of feminism. "Formation" is a song in which Beyonce sings about her heritage & cultural identity. One of the most powerful songs I've heard, "Formation" is a sense of self and a way of life. It is non-traditional, bold, and fearless.

5. "Fix You" - Coldplay

This song gives me strength. It takes me through the dark and lifts me up. Every line of this song gives me goosebumps and reminds me that no matter how hard life gets, "lights will guide you home". "Fix You" is a shot of powerful, positive energy that can get you through anything.

6. "The Scientist" - Coldplay

Nothing describes "The Scientist" better than nostalgia. From lines like "nobody said it was easy" to "questions of science, science & progress do not speak as loud as my heart.", the song perfectly captures the essence of heartbreak, nostalgia, and regret. More than anything, it is real and genuine, and there is something really bittersweet about the line "take me back to the start".

7. "Hotel California" - Eagles

This song should be played more simply because of its exceptional use of metaphors. It touches on modern day issues such as excess in America, drugs, addiction, and the American dream. It is a beautiful cultural metaphor and an intricate relay between perception & reality.

8. "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol

"Chasing Cars" is simplicity personified. It takes the simple things in life and gives innocent love a new perspective.

9. "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" - The Script

"I'm not broke I'm just a broken hearted man "

10. "Elastic Heart" - Sia

"You did not break me, I'm still fighting for peace." In my eyes, Sia is a legend. Her songs have so much perseverance and her music is a work of art. The "Elastic Heart" video is a beautiful blend of modern-day controversy, emotion, and meaning. "Elastic Heart" is a moving song, that reminds me to push my own boundaries and not worry about fitting in.