Top 10 Songs You Need When You're Really Going Through It

The Top 10 Songs You Need When You're Really Going Through It

If you enjoy listening to sad songs when you're upset to make you even more sad, then here you go.

1396
i.ytimg.com

I like to pride myself on my love of super sad songs. To me, there's nothing better than driving around at night singing songs that rip your heart out... a little weird, yeah I know.

But there's something about feeling like they wrote that song just for you, for this exact moment in time, which is basically how I feel about Taylor Swift. But I won't get into that. Lately, Billie Eilish has been speaking to my soul and I love it. I can basically listen to any one of her songs and feel like she just gets it, even if she's only 17.

I can't guarantee you that you'll feel better after, but I can promise you that you'll feel a little less alone. Music truly heals.

There is definitely a time and a place for these songs, like when you're alone in your room, in the bath, or driving around late at night. If you're bad at communicating your feelings or expressing yourself, songs like this help you process and understand why you're feeling this way.

Here are my top 10 favorite songs to listen to when I'm feeling down.

1. "Who You Are" - Jessie J

For when you're doubting your self-worth.

2. "Come Out and Play" - Billie Eilish

For when you're bad at communicating your feelings.

3. "Where Were You In The Morning" - Shawn Mendes 

When you're feeling forgotten.

4. "Rise Up" - Andra Day

For when you need a reminder that you're stronger than the storm.

5. "Take Me Home" - Jess Glynne

When you remember your support system is incredible and always there for you.

6. "Colors" - Halsey

When you're loving someone through their dark times.

7. "Waves" - Dean Lewis

For when you know your life is good, but you can't stop focusing on the bad times.

8. "Hurts So Good" - Astrid S

When you're holding onto someone you shouldn't, but you'd rather hurt than feel nothing.

9. "I Can't Fall in Love Without You" - Zara Larsson

For when the relationships in your life feel one-sided, and you're the only one trying.

10.  "All Too Well (Piano Version)" - Taylor Swift

When you're missing someone so much, you're living in a haze of the good memories of the past.